Shoplifting

Leo-19
Delilah- 17
Twins-15

(Leo's pov)

"What about this one? It's cute." I asked my sister, holding up a simple purple dress.

Our moms made me in charge of the 'first round' of dress shopping. Whatever that means.

"Leo this is prom I want my dress to be like amazingly spectacular."

"Spectacular? Who's dictionary did you steal?" I joked, making her punch me in the arm.

"Oh shut up. Come on let's go look at earrings and stuff." She grabbed my hand and dragged me over to another section of the store.

"You know I can just make you some earrings."

"Yes Leo I know, but you've made me enough stuff. Literally half my jewelry is from you. Besides momma gave us her card we should use it to our advantage."

"She did give us a budget of 1,000 bucks though."

"Still. We could buy some good stuff with that. Ooh! Look at these!" She held up some pretty diamond earrings and held them up to her ears.

"Those are pretty, they make your eyes pop. But I do think we should focus on a dress first before jewelry."

"Ugh finneeeee. Let's go."

Before we had a chance to even walk to leave the store this lady in her mid 30's came up to us.

"Hi. Did you need help with anything?" She asked, a very big and very fake smile on her face.

"Nah we're just on our way out, come on Dee." I gently nudged my sister towards the door as I did not like the look on this ladies face.

"Uh excuse me young man. I need you to stay on the premises."

I sighed and turned around, making sure my sister was behind me.

"For what?"

"We just need to be sure nothing was taken."

"We didn't take anything." I said blankly.

"I'm sure she didn't. You on the other hand..Unfortunately I don't trust."

"Excuse me?" Delilah exclaimed, I know how she gets about this stuff so I immediately pushed her back.

"Dee, don't." I whispered to her. "Listen I didn't take anything okay? I'm just tryna buy my sister some stuff for prom."

"Oh please, like you could even afford to shop here. I'm sure you're probably using a stolen credit card aren't you?"

I get a lot of things from my momma, mostly her anger and because of that it's caused lots of jaw clenching. "No it's our mothers. She gave it to us to use now I said we didn't take anything, you can check the cameras if you want that'll prove that I didn't do it."

"That proves nothing. I know your kind, your probably found a blind spot. Now I've already called the police and they'll be here any minute."

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me."

"Don't get hostile with me young man. The police will arrest you."

I took a deep breath and turned to my sister.
"Delilah go wait in the car."

"No. I'm staying here with you, this isn't fair and we both know it."

"Delilah I don't want you here for this. This doesn't concern you, you didn't do anything wrong."

"Well neither did you. Look Leo I'm staying with you whether you like it or not. We're in this together."