1

July 2022
British Grand Prix week

Kalani Fiore

"Come on baby we gotta go to the restaurant tonight, Mama's working" I quickly said to Noah as I grabbed his essentials bag and then him as he placed him on my hip.
"Mama I'm hungry" He said as he nuzzled into my neck, I knew he was sleepy but I needed to take him with me he has his own nursery at the restaurant but he loves his home.
"I know baby, but Jack can make you something when we get there" Jack is head chef at my restaurant he loves Noah, but I knew my restaurant was going to be busy tonight.
It was a colder day today as we left my front door and locked it, we won't be back till late and I need to keep Noah awake as much as I can.
I unlocked my range rover as I rushed my things into the boot and placing Noah in his car seat and driving off to get to the restaurant.

Pulling into the carpark there was pretty much no spaces available. "Oh jeez" I mumbled to myself. Trying to prepare myself for another busy night, having heavy anxiety with a busy shift and owning your own business, it's tough. And with my kid here without access to a babysitter because of such short notice, it will be tougher.
As I reversed into a space, I took a minute to prepare myself as I stared to my restaurant being able to see people arriving, being greeted at the door, being able to see the chefs in the kitchen, people sipping dark red wine having humorous conversations with their loved ones. Seeing my servers giving out food, the bar busy as ever but seeing my bartenders so calm as the made drinks. The fairy lights that criss cross over the carpark and the entrance to the restaurant, the plants that are kept in tact, with the mini water fountain features.
I looked in my rear view mirror to see my son captivated in a game he was playing.
"Whew" I said as I pulled my hair out of my face and opened my car door.
Here we go.

"Hello hello" I said as I walked into my office with Noah in my arms greeting my employees that are starting the same shift, as they put their aprons on.
"Oh thank god" Lila said and I giggled
"Favourite manager is here" Luca announced
"Luca I own this restaurant" I laughed and he smiled

I put Noah down and he sat in my office chair and I sent my employees out to tend to jobs with the others who were already working and I got changed, I looked to Noah who was playing in the chair as I put my hair up. "This is gonna be a long night" it was stressful as my kid was in my place of work when its a busy night but we'll get through it.

"Come on baby lets get Jack to make you dinner" Noah smiled at my comment as he raised his arms for me to pick him up which I smiled to and placed him on my hip as I walked out of my office and locked it, seeing the business of the restaurant.

I made it to the kitchen with Noah and it was busy with workers tending to kitchen jobs like polishing plates or cutlery, and chefs being frantic. Jack smiled when he saw me and Noah, "Hey boss" he announced getting the attention of the other chefs who smiled.
"Hey" I replied and Jack looked at me weird "I was talking to Noah" he teased and I rolled my eyes, Jack came over to us and he greeted Noah with a smile and then me as he kissed my head.
"Any chance you can make the boss some dinner?" I asked Jack keeping up the boss nickname for Noah.

"Of course" Jack replied ignoring the fact it was a really busy night which made my heart warm, he cares about Noah a lot.

"What you want boss?" Jack asked as he went back behind to where he was before telling the other chefs to not open any ovens, and to be careful as I was following him.

"Whats on the menu?" Noah asked and I giggled, "Ooo you want pasta mate?" Jack asked and Noah shook his head, whilst Jack thought some more,
"Chicken tenders and fries?" I asked and Noah looked at me with a smile, and I looked at Jack and nodded "We have a winner"
Jack smiled "Won't be long boss"

I walked away from Jack with Noah as I went further down the kitchen ensuring everyone was good, "Right we have a very busy night tonight so at the minute three of you take orders, two take food out and everyone else make sure everything good in here and help out on the floor as much as you can" I said to my employees who seemed slightly stressed, I turned back to Jack who was now further down the kitchen. "Chef I'm gonna check on Phoebe!" I shouted so Jack could hear me

"Okay boss!" He replied as he was getting Noah's meal ready.

"So I'm boss again?" I teased holding onto the door handle ready to leave.

"You always are"

I laughed as I left out the other kitchen door, I needed to get Noah to eat and take him to his nursery but I don't know who can watch him.

I walked into the bar's door with Noah as I tried to find Phoebe, "Alex where's Phoebe?" I asked Alex who works on the bar, "She's by the door"
"Oh okay" I said as I spotted her and Alex greeted Noah, "Oh I'll need backup on here"

"Yeah I'll probably be on here with you tonight, just need to get this little man sorted" I said to Alex and he nodded as I went over to Phoebe covering Noah's ears from the noise.

"Hey Pheebs" I said as I made her jump slightly, Phoebe was my best friend and another manager here.
"God you scared me. Hey"
"Hey Noah" She said as she kissed his head and he nuzzled into my neck from his knowing shyness.
"I'm gonna manage tonight and be on bar, can you watch Noah for a bit, Jack's cooking him food"

"Yeah of course, Mia's somewhere here doing something" She informed me which made me slightly relieved, Mia was another trained manager.

"Also.." Phoebe continued and her tone made me nervous, "We had a late reservation"

I closed my eyes and took a breath, "How many?" I looked at Phoebe again, "Twenty" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay its fine" She said as she took Noah from me, "I'll get Noah's food and take him to the nursery, you manage tonight and I'll get Mia on the floor to be backup manager"

"Thanks Pheebs" I said as I let out my deep breath and I kissed Noah's head as he practically was falling asleep. "What are auntie's for?" She said and left to go upstairs. I smile looking after her direction and turned around and went to the bar to help out Alex.

I had been helping Alex out on the bar for the past hour and Mia was managing the floor, I told her to switch with me when the party of twenty arrives which should be any minute now as I impatiently found myself staring at the door awaiting something. I had a feeling, I didn't know if it was a good or bad one but I knew something was going to happen. And a party of twenty? Last minute? That added fuel to the fire of my thoughts running through my brain.

I was listening into a customers orders and as I was making the drinks Alex tapped my shoulder and I looked towards the door seeing a big party arriving.

"Holy shit"

oh my. the first chapter, i don't know how to feel, i hope u enjoy this story, its gonna be a long one i think. who knows im figuring things out as they go, if anyone has any ideas lmk in the comments or on tik tok,
@ heyangel_164
its where i tease future scenes.
lots of love
xx