10

Kalani Fiore

Kensington, London. Friday morning.

"Kalani" I moved around on the sofa hearing my name for the third time. The soft sounding tone of the voice made me smile with my eyes still closed, as I stretched the aching muscles of my back, against the soft cushion.

I fluttered my eyes open to the bare touch on the middle part of my leg as Pierre's hand softly moved
around on my leg to finally get me to open my eyes.

I hadn't realised we both fell asleep through the whole night on my living room sofa, opening my eyes to scan the room to see a messy sofa and Disney Plus' home page on my TV screen after three films finished which I had fallen asleep before Pierre, after the third movie barely got to the opening scene.

Finally my eyes landed on Pierre who had a slight smirk as he stared at my state and I chuckled turning on my side away from him his eye-line as I smiled against the cushion. Hearing Milo's paws against the floor as he then jumped on the sofa to join me and I couldn't help but laugh as he guarded me.

"Nope nope, wake up amour" I felt Pierre move as he spoke.

If I had realised what Pierre was about to do I would've sprung up from the sofa faster than his damn F1 car.

He grabbed both of my ankles before I could react and I squealed as I felt the heat beneath me rising due to my body and the sofa's friction, he pulled me towards him as fast as the cushions and blankets allowed him to and myself as I put up a resistance as much as I could. But failed, miserably.

"Holy fuck Pierre!" I squealed as I moved my head down to see him devilishly smile and I put my head back excepting my fate as he was too strong to beat.
I thudded on the floor, him standing between my legs, laughing at my reaction. As Milo jumped down to come to me, licking me as he checked I was okay and I petted him, gently pushing him back.

I didn't say anything as Pierre put out a hand to help me up but I swatted it away out of pettiness, resisting a smile.
He chuckled as I stood up, "Don't ever wake me up like that again Pierre" I said walking towards the kitchen feeling his stare on my back.

"Damn I'm back to being Pierre now?" He countered, referencing to me calling him Pedro instead, as he stroked Milo.

I didn't say anything as I boiled the kettle opening the fridge to grab the milk biting my lip as it threatened to form a smile, as I felt his hands on my shoulders to then moving his hands, as his arms hugged me instead and I lost my resistance and I smiled.

He let go of me as I made both of us tea, staring up at the clock.
"Oh fuck"

"Whats wrong amour?"

"Noah's gonna be up in like 15 minutes, I thought it was earlier" I groaned realising I was still in my work clothes, my hair messier than ever, needing a shower and to make breakfast before Noah wakes up.

"I'll help you Kalani, calm down" Pierre said taking the milk from me making the tea.

"You wake up Noah and he can come downstairs and I'll watch him whilst you shower"

"You sure?" I said and Pierre nodded smiling and I reluctantly walked up the stairs to wake up Noah.

**

Walking quietly downstairs after washing and drying my hair which was now styled, and had gotten ready for the day, I was able to hear Noah's joyful laugh bouncing off the walls of our home.

I silently arrived at the bottom of the stairs watching Pierre make Noah more food as he cut the strawberries and tried his best to shape it like his F1 car. Milo at Pierre's feet begging for any leftovers, Pierre sneakily giving Milo a slice of apple and I smiled.