2

Kalani Fiore

"Holy shit"

"Thats a lot of people" Alex added on

"Shoot me"

"Now or maybe later so you're surprised?"

I rolled my eyes at Alex's response but I couldn't help a smile.
"Get back to work" I said as I watched them waiting to be seated, I handed the customers their drinks and I walked off the bar, heading to the door to seat them. Phoebe had given them the suite two, the best one.

I put on my best smile as I headed over getting the attention of some of them. As I got closer, recognition settled in, Lewis Hamilton is in my restaurant? Along with I can only assume is my kids father. The penny dropped. Holy shit I feel like I can't breathe, goosebumps exploded on my skin, my breath hitched and my palms were sweating as I kept rubbing them on my apron to try to stop them sweating, a lazy attempt. I swallowed the gulp in my throat as I approached them, fucking hell.
Instead I quickly pretend I don't know who any of them are and pray for the same response from my kids dad.

"Hello welcome to my restaurant, I'll be your waitress for the night" I nervously spoke as I held onto the wooden pillar in front of me for support, keeping my best smile on my face.
Kill me, shoot me now Alex. Do it.

"Hello, we had the reservation for twenty under the name James" Lewis informed me and I smiled to myself as I checked through my computer and found their reservation.

"Yes you're in suite two, would you like to follow me?" I asked and Lewis nodded, I only looked at Lewis and didn't dare to move my eyes scared of what I could see or what could come rushing back to me.

As I walked away and they followed me, I looked to find Mia on the floor and I got her attention telling her to go on the bar.

As we reached the suite which overlooks the restaurant but its hidden from other customers and surprisingly very quiet over here, I stood aside as they all took a seat. My heart was racing, fucking Formula 1 drivers were in my restaurant. Hold on, my child's father was in my restaurant.
I was feeling flushed and slightly panicked but I tried to keep my cool, as they sat down, I pulled a pen out of my hair and got my notepad out.

"Can I start you off with any drinks?" I asked trying to keep it professional but desperately wanting to look at Charles to see that look of recognition of him in my son.
"Can we have waters for the table and I'll have a lime and soda" Lewis asked politely and I smiled as I moved on. I'm guessing they won't be drinking, which is good no restaurant owner likes a huge party being drunk.

I reached Charles' section of the table and I hold my breath slightly as I ask the man next to him, "And what would you like?" I asked as I started running out of room on my pad.

"Just a diet coke please thanks love" He said and I smiled as I wrote it down, he was French and good looking.
"And for you?" I asked not daring to look up from my now full notepad, I looked into his eyes and his into mine and it felt like an eternity, but I couldn't tell if he remembered me.
"Diet coke for me too please" He said and his voice, oh my just how I remember, he was a lot more attractive now and I didn't even think that was possible back then.
I stared and just nodded and continued to the last two people that were next to him, Charles slightly smiled at me and I didn't know if that meant he was telling me he knew who I was or he's just polite. I'm probably overthinking.

"Do you need another notepad?" A brown curly haired man next to Charles asked me, he looked around my age and he was tanned and good looking too. What is up with that? Is that some kind of requirement? To be an F1 driver you need to be good looking?