5

Friday, British Grand Prix

Kalani had been prepping herself for hours on end, she was exhausting herself before even taking a foot out of her house. She contemplated texting Pierre multiple times to tell him no instead, to take back her yes she gave him a couple days ago which in return gave a happy response from Pierre who then proceeded to call her to calm her nerves.

She was a trainwreck - but didn't look it. She'd gone onto Pinterest beforehand looking through outfits other women had worn to a Formula 1 race weekend giving her the inspiration to wear her two piece black outfit, a cropped ribbed cotton black top with shoulder sleeves paired with the black ribbed cotton skirt with a split which reached just above her ankles, it hugged her figure - accentuating everything she loved about her body.
Which had been an underlining struggle for her since falling pregnant and having a child so young, interrupting the bodies older teenage years transitioning into a young adult, invading it with a baby in the womb that her & her body had to look after.

She was starting to love herself again.

She was happy with her Friday look, with her brunette hair straight with a silver necklace and silver rings giving her outfit that much more. She was pleased but still had nerves swirling in her stomach.

However one thing about Kalani - she's stubborn. She didn't look how she felt, her actions didn't match her emotions. She was finishing up her makeup when she heard a giggling Noah running to his Mama with Milo trotting behind with his tail in the air.

"Hey baby" Kalani excitedly spoke as she saw her little one in the mirror as Noah sneakily smiled as he stared in the mirror.
She knew he wanted something, "What is it you wish for?" Kalani said with a chuckle as she saw Noah holding back his little giggle.

"You look pretty Mama" Noah said as he walked to the side of Kalani as she sat at her makeup desk with the sunlight flooding the room, it was a gorgeous day.

"Thank you, baby" She responded as Noah climbed onto her lap as she gave him a hand and he got comfortable, as he watched his Mum finish her makeup.

Noah always managed to be able to calm Kalani down - no matter what. It was like it was his gift that he didn't know he had, he was such an infectious little boy with such a warm heart. He never wished for anything more than his Mother because of the life Kalani has finally managed to be able to give them. And her love, her greatest gift which is hid under a shield, one of her brightest assets dimmed away with a lock. The only few people she has that experience it are: Noah, there's Phoebe, her family however it's decreased over the last few years.

But Noah is at the age where he starts to realise what other kids have, running to the playground to play on the swings to see a Dad helping his child on the slide, it confused him. Because where was his Dad?
But when he see's his Mum that all flies out of his head.

***

Pierre had picked up Kalani, making a diversion on his trip to the track however he wouldn't tell her it was such a time-consuming diversion because it was worth it when she joined his side - in his passenger seat of his luxurious car which took her breath away.

The journey to Silverstone was filled with a whole lot of nothing but a whole lot of different conversation topics - this was such an out of touch relationship, very fresh. It intrigued Kalani - this could be another of her good friendships or something more. She started humming whatever song Pierre had chosen to play as she stared out of the window to admire the scenery.