6

Kalani Fiore

Saturday, British Grand Prix

"Jack I'm okay" I tried to say as convincing as I could to my good friend who had concerns gripping on his heart. "Nono its been fun, its a surreal experience"

"...honestly" I said as I gripped the side of the hospitalities counter, as my VIP paddock pass dangled on my chest colliding with my necklaces chain and my newly tanned skin, suddenly feeling my rings on my fingers, the heat prickling on my skin, my hair dangling on my back.
I took a breath as I heard Jack's concern rambling on the other end of the line, as I stood in an empty room staring at the doors that would lead me back out towards the busyness of a Formula 1 weekend. I had learnt tips and tricks from Pierre on avoiding cameras subtly when the videos of me and Pierre surfaced on the internet late last night and social media has been blowing up over it.

Articles being typed and written as we speak, one of the reasons Jack called me.

Pierre Gasly spotted with a new woman in the Formula 1 Paddock at the British Grand Prix. - Daily Mail
According to fan resources, Grand Prix winner, Pierre Gasly has been spotted with this mysterious woman. Fans spotting them throughout the race weekend so far, the name is currently unknown of the mysterious beauty. However she has left her own impression on the Formula 1 world, with social media accounts going crazy adding their opinions of Gasly's possible new girlfriend... Read more

"Kalani he's gonna see you before you see him"

"Kalani you're becoming known on Twitter"

"Kalani you're being followed"

"Kalani you need to leave or tell Charles"

"Kalani you need to see him"

"I know" I simply said to all of the rambling questions - the never ending questions.
"Okay love you, I need to go" I abruptly spoke as I hung up the phone without hearing another word. I needed to breathe.

But everything he said was true.
I have to see him.

I needed to.

***

I met up with Pierre shortly after the third practice session just before Qualifying which was approaching in the next couple hours. Until then Pierre decided to let me breathe and take a stroll, he was there for me to speak to if I needed to but I had only one thing I wanted to say to him. To ask.

"What is it?" He teased in a soft tone as we strolled down the paddock, he knew I had something to say as I hadn't said a word in awhile and he picked up on my silence. He's become very aware of my mannerisms in a short period.

"Um" I hummed on my tone as I sat on my words unsure of how to word a sentence that will articulate what I want.

"Well I need to see him" I suddenly spoke leaving Pierre slightly speechless and my throat dry, bouncing back to the reason I joined Pierre this weekend. The reality of it.

"I know" He spoke softly as he took me to the team's hospitalities area.

"Kalani" He abruptly spoke as he gently pulled my hand to him, I stopped and stared up into his blue eyes which seeped with apprehension as we arrived outside his team's hospitality.

"I feel like I should warn you..." He said and my heart dropped as I moved my body to face him completely as he still held onto my hand, catching onto his sudden change in mood.
The paddock was so busy filled with prestigious fans and the wealthy teams and their drivers, however right now; me and him felt like the only people here, like we were in a noise cancelling bubble.