13

Kalani Fiore

Saturday, Belgium Grand Prix

I have to say, Pierre was very persuasive. I wasn't planning to come to another Grand Prix in the company of Pierre, however this one he managed to drag me along. The last weekend of July, before the summer break and my birthday on the eighth of August.

Me, Phoebe and Noah always take the first ten days of August to go on holiday somewhere we hadn't been before, always normally in a country of Europe.

And so it was unknown when I'd see Pierre again, but knowing him he'd probably turn up on my door step when I'll be on holiday.

"Mama look!"

I turn my head to the sound of excitement of my child as I swiftly turned my head to face Noah and Pierre in Pierre's car.
So many emotions ran through my head, I couldn't ignore the smile on my son's face as he looked at Pierre with adoration, who leaned through the halo as he told Noah everything about being in the cockpit.
I turned away as I felt a pang of guilt wrapping the veins of my heart, as I tried to stand still enough to not let my grounded feet crumble. I looked towards the Ferrari garage and I squinted my eyes as if it would allow me to look through the busy mechanics and engineers to see him.
It felt Noah should be seeing the Italian racing red, which represented the lifeblood of their legacy which Charles became apart of.

I felt like I couldn't breathe, I couldn't let go of the nagging feeling poking at my heart, laughing at me. That he knew and he wasn't doing a single thing about it, he didn't feel any emotions towards the fact, he has a son. A loving son, the sweetest embodiment of love.
It clouded me. He didn't even know Noah's name. Rage invaded my body, like gasoline was suddenly poured over my body's heat causing a raging fire.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see Pierre with Noah by his side as he looked outside of the garage, captivated by the view.

"You okay?" Pierre warmly asked, his brows furrowed as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, covering my face from the media surrounding each garage, trying to capture the essence of each team, and who was inside.

Pierre asked a question he already had the answer too. I knew he felt slightly lost, he didn't particularly know how to approach the situation with Charles, but hell he has a better chance than I do.

"Qualifying is about to start..." He started to trail off but I quickly interrupted him.

"Yeah I'll take Noah" I said as I grabbed Noah's hand, to then pick him up as I held him with his arms over my neck so I can cover his face from any media. "I'll go up to the paddock hospitality." I said finally looking up to Pierre, who had an emotion flashing through his eyes as he dropped his arm from me.
"Good luck, Pedro" I said as I pulled him in to a hug as I kissed his cheek which then allowed me to feel the warmness of his heart as he smiled against me. I knew photographers just quickly snapped our intimate moment, as Noah's body was the other side of me, not to be seen in their photos.

Their dirty tactic.

Being able to capture myself and Pierre without Noah in the photo to have freedom with the photo as their wouldn't be anyone underaged featured.

Which I imagine would drive a certain man, crazy.

**

Me and Noah arrived at the paddocks lounge, located above the garages. Where I let Noah down, and he was so giddy, as he stayed near me but he skipped through the lounge making nearby people, smile.
I found a spot near the garages where I couldn't spot Noah for a second, panic settled and it felt similar.