Chapter 35

Warning: Suicide

Her POV

"Where do you want us to meet?"

Hindi ko sigurado kung bakit ako pumayag sa gusto ni Rhiann na makipagkita. Kahit na alam kong wala naman itong madudulot na mabuti sa akin. Pero siguro, may mga gusto akong itanong at sabihin sa kanya kaya pumayag na rin ako na kitain siya.

I want to ask why she is trying so hard to ruin our relationship to the point that she even wanted to kill herself just because of that. Bakit ang desperada niya? If she genuinely loves Calihson, then why did she even cheat on him?

I received a text from her at the same time, stating the place of our meet-up. I just realized. How did she know about my number?

"Where are you going, honey?"

Mom was in the living area, reading a book or doing something. Naka-upo kasi siya sa sahig at may mga libro at papel sa lamesita. She noticed my outfit and knew I was going out somewhere.

I'm wearing a black spaghetti strap inside my unbuttoned cream loose long-sleeve v-neck cardigan top, denim wide-leg pants, and a pair of white Converse. I let down my wavy hair and put on some makeup. Dala ko rin ang aking cream baguette bag. I know I'm just going to meet Rhiann but I also don't want to look ordinary.

"I'm going to meet, uh... friend?" I almost rolled my eyes at that.

Saglit along pinagmasdan ni Mommy bago napatango. I can't tell her that I'm going to meet Rhiann. She might get worried. Not about me, maybe, but for Rhiann. Mom knows I can defend myself if we get into a girls' fight and that I can also rip off her hair if that circumstance occurs. Besides, I don't think Mom should need to know about this.

Hindi na ako nagpahatid sa driver namin at nag-taxi nalang. It's only past five in the afternoon. The sky was gloomy but there was no sign that it would rain.

I don't know but it felt something strange. Pakiramdam ko ay para akong nasa isang drama kung saan kinahaharap na ng bida ang conflict ng istorya. The only difference is that I'm not as weak and fragile as the common protagonist. I know I can defend myself and voice out my thoughts.

Lumabas ako ng taxi at agad na tumigala sa building. Rhiann said she was on the table at the rooftop. Guess she wants a fresh air.

Pagka-akyat ko, agad ko siyang namataan sa may dulong two-seater table, sa tabi ng balcony. Nang lapitan ko siya, unti-unti kong napansin ang kabuuan niya. She was wearing her blue spaghetti dress and different accessories. She also have her makeup.

"You're late," I heard her say after examining me.

I smirked sarcastically, "You didn't tell a time."

Hinila ko ang bangko na nasa tapat niya at naupo doon pagkatapos ipatong ang bag sa lamesa. Her eyes never left on me. Napansin ko tuloy ang pamumugto ng mga mata niya. I also noticed she lose her weight yet she still looks luxurious.

"Why did you want to see me?" I asked even though I already had an idea in my mind.

She glanced at the direction where I came from. Napansin kong wala masyadong customer dito sa rooftop bukod sa amin. Don't tell me she rented this?

"Did Calihson know this?"

Naibalik ko ang tingin sa kanya. She's looking straight into my eyes.

My forehead creased in confusion. "No."

"Good." Napatango siya at umayos ng upo. "I asked you to meet me here so I can personally tell you that Calihson and I are going to have our wedding next month."