T W E N T Y

Cute

Cute.

Too simple of a phrase to describe her.

Cheeky, sassy, and wiseass are the adjectives I would go as far as to describe her to anybody who asks about her. The tides have turned. Isabela parked her boat by the dock, making it extremely clear where she wants us to go, but my anchor wasn't letting go of the sand. It's tucked, nice and tight.

We crossed a dozen boundaries during the dance session, but it's repairable. The line hasn't been erased. Simply a relapse. Isabela is my heroin. All the cautionary tales about her don't matter— I still want her. It's like she's doused in an intoxicating scent that makes me think with my wrong head.

I shouldn't have come all over her face.

It was wrong.

But fuck, did it look good.

Her brown doe eyes glancing at me with a mixture of innocence and lure. Never have I ever wanted to taint someone so badly. But like a good bodyguard, my desires come second to her protection. I can't get involved with her. Isabela deserves someone who wants a serious relationship, who treats her like the princess she is-- I'm not that man.

Love isn't written in my cards.

Physical is the only thing I accept from women.

"Isabela!" Damien's voice shatters the harmonies of the birds and the bees in the yard by screaming. "I have a surprise for you, Tesoro."

Isabela groans. "Oh, brother."

She boosts herself up from the cobblestone, wiping her pink chalk full hands on her stitch onesie. The large dark blue fabric swallows her frame, obscuring every feature-- especially her beautiful face. Candids of my memories flash like photoshoots of Isabela's face being covered in my com-.

Jesus Christ.

Bad enough, I have been masturbating to the image the past few hours, but to think about it with her fiance present-- hazardous.

Damien suffocates Isabela, crushing her petite frame by blocking the air from reaching her with his chest. Isabela waves her hands, tapping his shoulder to release her. He doesn't obey immediately. Damien waits until Isabela frantically hits his shoulder to finally let her go.

Damien forces his lips on Isabela's cheeks. "My tesoro. I got us tickets for a museum. Just like you asked."

Isabela's face falls. "Oh..."

"Oh?" The smile rips away from his face, replaced with a scowl. "What is it now? Can't you ever be happy about something? Or do you always have something to complain about?"

Isabela nibbles on her lips, rubbing Damien's biceps. "Honey bear... I have been looking forward to the museum, but I had another plan for tonight. My friends from school are having a little get-together, celebrating the completion of final exams and her birthday. I was hoping you would let me go."