Part 8

Jessie sat in her sell annoying the fudge out of the guards. "You know what I've always wondered?" she asked tauntingly. "Shut up!" the guard said in annoyance. But nevertheless she continued on. "Why is a raven like a writing desk?" She loved it when people drove themselves mad trying to figure it out. The guard sighed and said "I don't know, why?"  She smiled at what she was about to say.

"I haven't the slightest idea!" she began laughing hysterically and the guard grunted and said "Just shut up you mad cat!" Another guard entered the room and signaled the other one. He opened the sell door and pulled Jessie out. "What? Did the queen change her mind" she said still amused from the previous guards reaction. They began walking down the long halls.

"No" he answered with a smirk on his face. "It's time for you execution." Hunter and Courtney get up to the gates of the palace when they see a group of people in the courtyard. They ask one of the people. "What is happening here?"Courtney asks. "There is an execution! For some cat thing.." The stranger says then walks away.

Hunter and Courtney look at each other in panic. "Lets go!" Hunter says. They get to the gate to the courtyard when a guard stops them. "Who are you?!" The guard asks Courtney. "Me?! I am Veronica's lady in waiting and I suggest you let me through before I report you to her!" Courtney lies. 

"Alright then, sorry miss. But who is this?" The guard points to hunter. "He-he is my...." Courtney starts. "Boyfriend!" Hunter interjects. "Yep, I'm her boyfriend!" He says awkwardly putting his arm around Courtney. "very well then. Go on!" The guard lets them through. They get in and see Jess on the stand.

They finally got outside and the guard shoved her down on her knees.Standing in the large crowd, Courtney blushes at hunters choice of words. "So you're my boyfriend now?" Courtney says cheekily. Hunter blushes and removes his arm after realizing how long it had been there. "W-well, I mean, it-it was really just so we could get in." he replied shyly.

"I am just kidding, Hunter. Lighten up!" Courtney says sarcastically patting him on the back. He laughs and scratches his neck. "Yep.. Hehe." He replies. They turn their head to the execution and just as the guard is about to cut Jess's head off, Courtney buries her head in Hunter's chest. 

"We are too late! I can't watch!" She says then everyone gasps. She looks up and sees that Jess has vanished. "I forgot she could do that!" Hunter and Courtney exclaim. "Let's get back to my dad's house. She should be there." Hunter says. Then, they walk casually back to the house.