Part 13

"The Red Queen has a champion much more powerful than the Jaberwoke. It's called the Boggart( Harry potter reference!). It turns into your worst fear." Her worst fear. Jessies worst fear was not an object or person, but an action or feature of some sort and it was terrible.

Courtney walks in, over hearing the conversation. "So, we have to try to minimize our fears, so she can't use them against us?" She asks Hunter while he slips his arm casually around her waist."Yep" Jess answered casually.

For the rest of the day, they all just hung out since they couldn't confront their fears. "But the thing is, how do we minimize our fears?" Jessie asked. There was a long pause and Hunter said "Good point......umm, I guess we could start off trying to confront them."

"Ok" Courtney said.This was going to hard. "Ok, so I have a training Boggart!" Hunter says. "Now, let's get started. Jess? Would you like to go first?" Hunter asks. "Sure! But nothing is gonna be real, right?" Jess asks. "Of course! It's harmless!" Hunter says. Jess steps up and thinks of her worst fear.Jessie had her eyes closed shut tightly with a look of fear.

"Jess?" Courtney asked, but she couldn't hear her. Jessie thought hard for a fear. It was difficult because when she was afraid, which was not often, she was more curious than afraid. "Any day now" Courtney said. "I know I'm trying" Jess said, " I just don't have that many fears."

Then, as soon as she said that, she thought of a fear, a terrible fear. She tried to think of something else; she practically begged her mind to think of anything but THAT. It was too late. Suddenly, there was a mist that began to fill the room. The floor had disappeared and she was now in a giant lake.

Jessie tried to move around but she found herself in a strait jacket attached to a weight and she began drowning. "Hunter, I think it's time to stop it now." Courtney says pleading with her eyes. "Alright, just a few more moments..... Now." Hunter says, shutting down the boggart.

"Jess? Are you ok?" Courtney asks. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine." Jess says. "Thank goodness, now what WAS your fear?" Hunter asks putting his hand on Courtney's shoulder. "Drowning." She explains simply. Courtney and Hunter look at eachother then at Jess. "Oh." They say.