(RWBY V9) Of Solitude and Self

Summer: And on the wind, Alyx heard one more question... What are you? 

 Summer closes "The Girl Who Fell Through the World" book and looks at young Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long, fast asleep. 

 Summer: I love you... just the way you are. (stands up and places the book along with her brooch on top of the drawer) Always... 

 Summer turns off the lights and leaves the room. After heading downstairs, she looks outside the window at the nighttime forests of Patch. 

 Taiyang: (walks down the stairs) It's not like you rush off on a mission in the middle of the night. 

 Summer: You know how Ozpin gets. Mystery after mystery. 

 Taiyang: And when it turns out to be yet another run-of-the-mill patrol, it'll be... 

 Both: (imitating Ozpin) "I always prefer discretion." 

 The two share a laugh, before Taiyang looks down frowning. Summer rubs his cheek and comforts him. 

 Summer: I'll be back soon. 

 The two then hug each other. 

 Taiyang: I know. 

 In the forest of Patch, Summer walks carrying Sundered Rose. Raven Branwen jumps and lands on the ground. 

 Raven: Nobody suspects anything? 

 Summer: No. (takes off her hood) They think it's a typical mission. 

 Raven: Summer Rose telling lies... first time for everything. (smirks, but falters) And... Uh... What about... You're just going to leave them? 

 Summer: (scowling) You're one to talk. 

 Raven: It's... (sighs) You're better at that life, better than I was... 

 Summer: (walks past Raven) If I do this right... then there's nothing to worry about. Trust me. 

 Raven: (sighs) Let's get it over with, I guess. 

 ???: (off-screen) Don't forget about me. 

 The others turn around to see and to their surprise, Summer smiles seeing an old friend. 

 Summer: I didn't think you would show up, Veronica. 

 Verónica: I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't help you. 

 Veronica looks to Raven, then gives her a smile and nod while she rolls her eyes, then gives a slight smirk. 

 Raven: Does your husband know you left? 

 Veronica: He exhausted himself out from training with our son.

Summer: I guess that means you made a decision... 

 Veronica: We have. It wasn't easy, but it is for the best. 

 Summer: I hope you're right. Hopefully, it won't come to that if we succeed. Veronica place a hand on her shoulder and gives a smile. 

 Veronica: Don't worry. I have faith that it will. 

 Raven opens a Kindred Link portal with Omen. Summer enters, Veronica with the sword Excalibur and Raven follows suit, sheathing Omen. The portal disappears.After seeing a glimpse of Summer and Veronica's memories, Ruby, Silver and Damian stares at Sundered Rose and Excalibur in the glass case.