VI: Outdo The Original

Third POV

light chatter echoed in Zeitaku, a luxurious 3 star Michelin restaurant at the rooftop of Kiyashi Ward Shopping mall.

"I'm so glad they decided to build one here!" Ashido elatedly piped up, adjusting her white blazer while her feet tapped on the polished marble floor.

Her fork pierced the cooked to perfect A5 Wagyu, before savoring the taste with a hum.

Kaminari nodded, pairing his own with subtle white rice,"I was getting sick of having to drive a little more than an hour and a half  to come to this place down in Takasaki."

He then glanced outside to the see the multiple glass windows that showed off the view.

"The view here is much better than the one away."

A waitress came by, placing two to-go bags on the table and complimentary mini wine bottles of the one they were drinking from the larger version.

"Shall I bring the checks?" She humbly bowed, garnering the attention of both patrons.

"Yes, and just one check will do." Kaminari answered with a perky smile, sipping on the remnants of his wine and finishing off his plate.

The waitress nodded before leaving to go check them out.

"I thought you said that you were trying to save?" Ashido raised her brows, "this place is pricy Yknow."

Kaminari shrugged it off, reaching into his bag and tossing a black Amex card onto the white clothed table.

"I never said I was going to pay. Katsuki will."

He placed his hands on his cheeks, squishing them as his head rocked sideways, "He gave it to me just last week and said I could get myself whatever I wanted."

Ashido waved her finger, "Wow... sounds like a things are getting serious if he's willing to leave his credit card in your extravagantly frivolous hands."

"Yeah,"Kaminari's head wavered, finding amusement in his words, "But then again for someone like me it's always been same money, just different types of daddies."

Mina fluffed her hair, placing her plate to the side,
"To think, about nearly a year ago he was so closed off to you and you would cry and complain to me about how he treated you like nothing."

Kaminari furrowed his brows, "Yeah... but I suppose things have changed."

At some point in Kaminari's silver-spoon-in-mouth  life he realized he hated working.

The idea of manual labor and being in situations where he wasn't even enjoying himself for 30 minutes sounded like something out of his worst nightmares.

So he agreed to be a part of a courting ceremony and was surprised to be picked.

While his courting mate wasn't the nicest he figured they would adapt if he just kept up his good role.

After all, patience was a virtue.

The high, cushy life was meant for him.