𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1

Nyra was the tough type. The only person to ever make her loosen up was her husband. She knew what he was. An assassin. She didn't care, as she was one also. Nyra walked alongside her husband, Tangerine, and her brother-in-law, Lemon. She only knew them by those names. He squeezed her hand as they walked through Heathrow Airport. Lemon walked in front of the couple. They weren't the romantic type of couple like Romeo and Juliet but they would die for each other rather than be alone without them.

"Are you sure you'll be okay, love?" Tangerine questioned her as he took her other hand. She smiled up at him and nodded. "Hurry up Tangerine, otherwise we'll miss the flight." Lemon motioned at his watch.

"Cunt." He cursed under his breath. "I love you; you know that darling." He told her as he kissed her temple. "I know you do." She hums. He pulls her in by her waist and kisses her. She places her hand on the back of his head to deepen the kiss. When they pull away from each other they look over at Lemon who looks even more frustrated than he did moments before. Tangerine starts to walk way from her and slowly lets go of his wife's arm and looks over his shoulder at her. Nyra stood still for a moment. She waved the two of them through security and when they were both out of sight she spun around back towards the doors.

As she walked out the doors she was greeted with the sounds of planes souring overhead. When she got to her car she slid inside behind the wheel and took out her phone. She dialled a number into it and started to drive home as she waited for the person on the other line to pick up. "Come on Tommy. Pick up the fucking phone." She grumbled as she looked down at the phone for a split second as she reached a traffic light. "Nyra?" the person on the other line crocked. "Fucking finally. I need you to pick me up and drive me to the airport." She told him.

"What? Why? You have your own car and live like five minutes from Heathrow." He stated.

"Well Eric told me that you something for me so I'll meet you in around twenty minutes." She grunted as she stopped her car in front of a row of council houses. "Fine." He shouted down the phone and hung up. She walked up to the front door and unlocked it, she walked through and then slammed the door behind her causing their next door neighbours dog to start barking.

She dropped her small bag on the floor next to the rack of shoes. She walks up the stairs into their bedroom. She goes towards the bed and pulls out a nineteen forties case that was already packed. She dragged it back down the stairs only to hear the honk of a car horn. She peeks through the blinds only to see her little brother leaning against his car.

She grabs her hand bag off the floor and slips into her trainers and picks up her cap, red sunglasses and gloves. She opens the door and her brother helps her put her case in the boot of his car. She locks the house and goes over to her brothers car. "You're late." He spat.

"You're early." She spat back. He ran his fingers through his dark brown hair. Nyra just looks at him. "What?" He asked her.

"We need to go and also Eric said you had things to give me." She stated as she put her sunglasses on. He digs into his pockets and pulls out a key and a ticket. He hands them to her. "Thanks Tommy." She says as she places them in her handbag.

When they get to the same airport Tommy walks with her until security. "I'll see you a couple of days then." He said, shifting uncomfortably. She places a hand on his shoulder.

"You'll be out in the field soon enough." She told him. He shrugged and pulled Nyra in for her hug. Their hug gets interrupted by a Nyra's ringtone. She takes her phone out of her pocket. She sees Tangerine displayed on the screen. "Oh look, its you hubby." He mocked. She delivered a jab into his ribs which made Tommy shut up.

"Hey Tan, Whats wrong? Is everything okay?" She asks concerned.

"I'm fine, its just that our fucking flight has been delayed. So were on the next available flight." He grunted on the other line. She didn't know what to say so she stayed quite until he spoke again. "I just wanted to let you know just in case you were tracking the flight, is all." He confessed. They said their goodbyes over the phone again. She turned to Tommy who was holding back laughter because he knew that they were going to be on the same flight. She grimaces at her younger brother. When she checks into security, she spots Tangerine and Lemon almost immediately. She rushed over to the business lounge. When she manage to get there with out being spotted she slumped down into the first chair that she saw. She listened for the announcement of her boarding. When she heard they were boarding she stood up and made her away towards the gate. She saw her husband and his brother arguing over something.

When she got on the plane, she was shown to her set. After storing her bag in the over head bins she sat down in her set waiting for the fifteen hour flight a head of her.

When she lands in Tokyo she rushes out of the airport with her bags and goes straight to her hotel. "This is nice." She stated to herself as she walked over to the receptionist. After she got her keys she walked up to her room. She opened the door into her and closed it behind her. She threw her bags on to the bed in the middle of the room. She walks back out of the hotel to find a restaurant of any kind when she stumbles upon a little ramen restaurant. She walks inside and she gets greeted by Japanese elders who run the restaurant. She gets seated and orders. While she waits her phone buzzes on the table. She picks up the phone. "Mornin' Love." She ears her husbands voice on the other side of the call. "What time is it there?" She tries to make her voice seem as if she had just woken up.

"Its around seven o'clock." He hummed. They talked over the phone for a while as waited for her food. When they said their goodbyes over the phone her food arrived.

When she paid for her food, she left trying to find a place to buy any type of cake. She found bakery. She grabbed a small basket and browsed the selves. She picks up a few small cakes. She pays for them and walks back to her hotel.

A couple hours past and Nyra is lying down on her bed, watching a Japanese karate movie, eating the cake she bought in one of her husbands shirts while on the phone. "So whats my job?" She questioned the person on the other line. "You were hired to kill an operative called Carver." He told her. She nodded with a mouth full of cake. "But why?" She asked with her mouth full.

"Because someone asked specifically for you. Before you ask who hired you, I don't know because the hirer was phantom, so I dont know." He told her. "Also are you laying down eating cake while watching a karate movie?" He asked her knowing with absolute certainty that she in fact is doing what he just accused her of doing. "How do you always know what I'm doing?" She questioned.

"Because its what you do before a job."

"But its the day before." She hums.

"And I bet you tomorrow you'll getting ready to old music specifically 'Stupid Cupid' by Connie Francis." He states.

"I'm gonna make sure I don't do that now." She tells him. "Do something different, you know. Like listen to Japanese music." She hums.

"You're not gonna do that."

"Yeah, I am-" She pauses. "Yeah, your right I'm not gonna do that." She laughs.

"Well get some rest and stop eating the cake." He tells her and she grimaces.

"Well I'll call you when I go to the locker tomorrow." She hangs up the phone, moves the cakes onto a table, turns off the tv and turns the lights off.

𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕: 1455