comfort - cate blanchett

・❥・

・❥・

you were having a hard time at work often. you were working as a director and the work and rush would just get really irritating and exhausting for you sometimes.

but your wife, cate blanchett, the icon of lesbians, was always there for you. she'd listen to you ranting, comfort you for hours, or just hold you in her arms. she was your home.

again, today was one of those days when you were not having a very good time, cate was busy and you were home alone.

blankets stacked on top of you, you glanced at the phone on the bedside table, contemplating if you should call cate or not. you didn't want to disturb her, but you didn't want to be without her till midnight either.

you trashed the idea of calling her, and decided to wait instead. that's what you've been doing all day.

after waiting for what felt like years, you heard the noise of the front door unlocking. "dearest?" you heard cate speak downstairs.

"i'm here" you replied in a hoarse voice, and realized that you haven't spoken all day.

you heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and the bedroom door opened. cate came in, her eyes filled with yearn. she threw her purse to somewhere to be found later and climbed to the bed. she got under the covers and pulled you into her arms. "i missed you" you mumbled into her chest.

"i missed you too" she whispered.

all you needed now was comfort.

sorry for how rushed this is