[02] "kea tìkin"

NADIA ATTEMPTS TO BALANCE herself down to her knees with a bowl containing cold water; she wills herself not to spill a single drop of it

               NADIA ATTEMPTS TO BALANCE herself down to her knees with a bowl containing cold water; she wills herself not to spill a single drop of it. It didn't take Lo'ak long to finish with the Ikran's with the help of everyone else. The small talk shared between the two ultimately put him in a much better mood rather than when they first landed. Once she places the bowl down on the ground in front of her, she notices Neteyam is kneeling down in front of her, tensing up with every wave of pain that passes throughout his body. 

Sounds of displeasure leave him, letting everyone else know just how unpleasant it really is. Moments go by until he feels a cold cloth touch his forehead, allowing the heat coming off his skin to be put at ease, even if for a moment. His eyes search for the body attached to the arms that hold the cloth, and in return, he finds Nadia. She smiles up at him, hoping to be of help to him in his time of need. 

He may not have said it—the pressure of seeming weak in front of everyone—but the gratitude in his eyes spoke louder than the praying to Eywa. 

"Aw! A little kiss on the boo-boo." Spider's shadow comes up behind her, attempting to lighten the mood. 

"Shut up." Nadia hisses, knowing he'd be weeping like a child with a wound so deep. 

Lo'ak stalks up behind Nadia like she's nothing but his prey. He looks down at his brother, and out of all the emotions he seems to be feeling, guilt cannot help but stick out like a sore thumb. If only he had followed the mission, none of them would be in this mess. Nadia leans her head back, looking at the difference in height now that she's on her knees. Lo'ak smiles a bit once he notices he's caught her attention, but it doesn't last very long. 

"I would use yalnabark." Kiri voices her opinion.  

"Oh, you would? And who is Tsahik?" Mo'at gives a knowing smile. 

Nadia removes the semi-warm cloth that's been soaking up Neteyam's heat, and brings her hands back down to the bowl, wringing it out as much as she possibly can. 

"You are, grandma, move. You are, grandma, but yalnabark is better." Kiri maneuvers' her way around her brother, pushing him from her path. 

Lo'ak rolls his eyes, walking around the shared circle that is focusing only on Neteyam. Nadia can't help but allow her eyes to follow his every move, making sure he doesn't run off. She can't help but find herself sympathizing with the younger Sully. 

"It stings less." Kiri winces slightly after seeing the pain all over her older brother's face.

Spider cannot help but smirk a bit as he observes from the side. It's not that he's not worried; of course, if the circumstances had been life-threatening, he'd be more compliant, but he feels he's allowed to throw in a jab here and there with how substandard the wound is, knowing they'd do the same. 

"I think you're going to survive." Nadia reassures him with a playful nudge to his calf, taking the cloth away once she feels he doesn't need it anymore.