[08] ❝uturu❞

IT ONLY TOOK MINUTES for Nadia to realize just who Tonowari is

               IT ONLY TOOK MINUTES for Nadia to realize just who Tonowari is. His presence alone holds so much power that she feels the need to look down whenever his eyes shift toward her. Olo'eyktan of the Metkayina clan. People move aside for him like it's law, allowing him through so he can face the Sullys for himself.

"See you, Tonowari." Jake pays his respect, earning it in return.

"Jake Sully." Tonowari greets him back.

His exterior seems brooding, like he's someone not to be messed with in the slightest. His eyes are kind, giving Jake a gentle smile upon their arrival. As far as how this is going, it's turning out better than any of them expected. All of them bent their heads down, showing their utmost respect for him. Nadia made sure to practice it plenty of times just so she didn't embarrass herself on top of them already deciding to hate her just for existing.

Lo'ak watches her from the corner of his eye. Her posture is so straight, he almost wants to do a double take just to be sure it's the same girl he's grown up with. A much different posture than he's used to seeing when she's not swinging from branches or helping out around the village. A slight smirk tugs at the corner of his lips, aware of how much she's trying to prove herself, but it soon falls away. Lo'ak isn't sure what he's looking at, but he's not so dumb that he can't figure it out. Whoever this guy is, he's looking a little too long and a little too hard for Lo'ak's liking.

Without giving it another thought, Lo'ak's tail wraps itself tightly around her leg. Nadia straightens herself out, giving another gentle smile toward Tonowari, before looking down at whatever seemed to have attached itself to her left leg. Instead of finding what she assumes is seaweed, she finds Lo'ak's tail completely wrapped around her thigh.

Nadia, unsure of what to say, takes a second to gather her thoughts and to ignore whatever feeling swirls against her stomach. Lo'ak, who doesn't seem bothered whatsoever, continues to keep his head forward.

"Pssst." Nadia whispers, afraid of getting caught.

Neteyam glances to his left, glaring at the two of them in hopes that it will stop whatever it is they're up to.

Still. The stranger's blue eyes stayed watching her. Studying her like she's a new creature that's yet to be discovered. Nadia wonders if he was ever taught manners. Maybe he didn't understand how rude staring is, but it's starting to get on her nerves. He watches her like he's waiting for a moment of weakness. Something to give him an inn. He continues walking in circles around them, like they are nothing but prey to him.

Then suddenly, it felt like the air had shifted. Goosebumps trace the outer lines of her arms, just as she feels another set of eyes on her. There are hundreds of eyes on her all at once, and she can only feel the intensity from a select handful.

"I see you, Ronal."

A woman, who looks much like the rest of the reef people despite having a beauty that Nadia recalls seeing just moments ago, stealths her way through her people. Her eyes are sharp, sharper than any knives Nadia remembers carving back in the forest. Tonowari may have a physical power that holds him accountable, but he'd fall under the waves of power his wife can hold in a simple gaze.