[09] ❝smon nìprrte'❞

THE AIR FEELS LIGHTER HERE, and though she could feel herself missing the trunked bones of the forest, she didn't mind letting her head melt back into the sun for just a moment

            THE AIR FEELS LIGHTER HERE, and though she could feel herself missing the trunked bones of the forest, she didn't mind letting her head melt back into the sun for just a moment. Her eyes resist the blaring rays of the sun, but she welcomes them with her brightest smile, like liquid gold is pouring down on them for their safety. Nadia trails behind Neteyam, attempting not to rock the boat any more than she already has. Lo'ak is following behind her, making sure to keep up, like this was another game of following the leader. They're attempting to walk, which is more turning into bouncing, on what seems to be multiple paths connected to each one of their homes. Nadia feels greedy, taking in all of these new things and learning more about their kind without the same outcome for her brother. 

What would he say?

What might he do?

Why couldn't she just decide for herself?

Their system looks flawless. Every step that is taken looks like it was planned that way, as many of them pass by each other without the slightest bit of acknowledgment. Sea creatures lurk beneath them without any sort of animosity between the two species, and Nadia notices how much of a sight it is for Tuk to be greeted by one.

A jab is sent into Nadia's shoulder from the end of Lo'ak's bow. She wobbles a bit before throwing him a look over her shoulder, which earns her a rather innocent but apologetic smile in return. He didn't realize how much space it might take up until looking around. 

"It's just up here." Tsireya smiles, nodding up ahead.

A younger Na'vi of the Metkayina is walking along beside them, and before Nadia can greet them with a smile, their mother is quick to pull their child away.

Like they're nothing good to be around.

It's no more than a minute until they arrive at what looks like another pod-like-shaped hut. She's amazed at how well they've contorted them to look like homes.

"This is for you. Your new home." Tsireya steps aside and allows them to enter their newly shaped home.

Everyone is quick to bring their things in and place them in their new place, but Nadia decides to continue scanning the outer manufacturing of it. Her eyes were trying to take pictures of everything in range out of fear of forgetting it.

"We like to call them Marui's," Tsireya introduces with a smile.

"Marui's?" Nadia is unfamiliar with the term.

Tsireya nods, letting her know she's pronounced it as she would. She grabs ahold of Nadia's hand and places it on the outer fabric so she can get a better understanding. 

"It stands for artfully woven structures. We make them from this sheeted fabric that's found to be very flexible and durable. They're great protectors against the waves if the tide finds itself too high."