Chapter 15

After I've changed, which was very awkward because he wouldn't turn around, I start folding up the dress to leave there on the bed. Well...as best I can, anyway.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm being nice and folding the clothes neatly, what does it look like?"

"Like you're wasting time. Leave it."

I want to argue about it...but last time I argued with him about what to do, I got myself into this situation. I guess I had ought to at least try and follow his instructions. Even if they don't seem reasonable to me at the moment.

I sigh and leave the dress there as it is, mentally apologizing for leaving it in a heap.

I turn to the Doctor, but he's gone.

I sigh and roll my eyes, mumbling to myself, "And what does he do? Disappear. Gone. Without a trace. So much for trust."

I feel something wind tightly around my wrist and I jump, letting out a soft squeal. I look down at my wrist and see that around it are fingers. I look up to find that they belong to the Doctor.

He doesn't seem amused.

"Oh. Uh...sorry..."

"You can trust me. Now, come on."

He pulls me to the invisble door and pulls out his sonic. I snicker softly.

Everyone knows his sonic doesn't work on wood.

He looks down at me, "What?"

"It won't work."

"What won't work?"

"That." I point to his sonic, grinning.

"How would you know? You don't even know what it is."

I suddenly realize my mistake and scramble for excuses, but I come up empty-handed and so just stand there.

"Now. I'm gonna tell you how I work in these situations. I tell you what to do, and you shut up and do as I say. Have you got that?"

I sigh irritatedly and almost roll my eyes. What is it with him and telling everyone to 'shut up' all the time?

"I said, 'have you got that?'." He prods.

"Yes. I get it. Now can we please get out of here? Or am I right about it not working?"

"Oi, I'm the one doing the work here, so shut your mouth and let me." He says, turning towards the door, still keeping hold of my wrist.

I try to loosen his grip a little while he thinks. What does he need to have hold of me for, anyway?

"Stop it." He says without turning to look at me.

"Stop what? Breathing?" I scoff sarcastically.

He turns and stares at me, which makes me a bit uneasy. What did I do now...

"Actually...that could work."

"What?"

He releases my wrist and he suddenly vanishes into thin air.

Oh. So that's what happened...how did he do that? I don't remember him being able to do that before...

When he reappears again, he's over by the bed, putting something into his pocket. "Come here."

I sigh, walking over. "What's going on now?"

He grins at me, "You're going to stop breathing."