More Than Anybody Else

the reason why this is in this book instead of always & forever is simply because it mentions veronica, lmao. enjoy!

Song Credit: "Freaks" by Psyclo

NSFW

The night was dark and quiet. Betty had managed to finally have time to herself and to an onlooker, it would seem she was using it to catch up on her sleep; her eyes closed as she lay with her body covered in bedsheets from her shoulders down.

But rather than her hands sitting idly as her mind turned off, it was entirely on and her fingertips traced the skin of her inner thigh as she stalled, waiting for her. Betty had only managed to manifest her once before, and she was completely entranced, hooked after the first taste.

Unsuccessful, she sighed, opening her eyes for a moment before turning onto her back and letting her eyes fall shut once more. "C'mon," she mumbled, quiet enough to where she could contemplate whether or not she had even said it out loud.

Her left hand's index finger traced swirls against her skin again before inching ever-so-closer to her baby blue pajama shorts, swiping over herself. She bit her lip and furrowed her eyebrows out of frustration, ready to give up and call it a night.

After minutes upon minutes of waiting, the space of the mattress beside her legs dipped and Betty heard her voice. "Waiting for me?" she asked, her hand planting itself right beneath Betty's pillow, above the slope of the lying girl's shoulder.

She nodded and opened her eyes, smiling when she saw herself. Not quite herself--while the two shared the same hair, body, face, and voice, this Betty Cooper was not to be confused with the one beneath her.

Betty had named her Seduction, as she was the embodiment of it; enthralling, anticipated, lusted. She was everything Betty tucked away about her sexuality, given so much personality she had practically dissociated from the Cooper girl; gaining her own conscious sentience.

She was beautiful; everything Betty had ever wanted to be or wanted to have, the best lover she'd ever had the pleasure of being with--fittingly, as no one knew Betty liked she knew herself.

"You're blushing," Seduction noted, her right hand cupping Betty's cheek, "You missed me." "Of course," Betty replied, her eyes wide and doe-like as she looked up at the deity, "You're the only one who understands."

"Understands what? The ache your body's under almost always? The swollen need you try to ignore until you think it might just consume you alive?" Seduction asked, her eyes scanning over the Cooper girl as she let her tongue slowly glide across her bottom lip.

"Exactly," Betty answered, taking the time to look over her long-lost friend, seeing what she was wearing and almost moaning out of reflex. She was clad in a full-lace bodysuit, the same lilac color as the dress she had picked out for senior prom.

It was a bodysuit Betty had recognized instantly; she had found it in a department store on a shopping spree with Veronica and after showing even the slightest bit of interest, the Lodge girl had practically shoved it in Betty's arms and pushed her into the fitting room.

Betty, nervously, had tried it on and it fit like a glove. When she turned around and faced the mirror, she had to pull every ounce of strength from her bones to not wet her fingers and get herself off in front of that mirror.

She loved the way it looked, and on her, of course, but this was something different. Betty liked the way she looked, more than she ever had. She instantly had a flood of thoughts all leaking with confidence, telling herself how lucky Jughead must be to call her his girlfriend and how it was no wonder that he'd been in love with her for years.