Chapter 5

Nightwing arrives as fast as he can to the museum, but even though he is still far away, he finds it strange how quiet the place is. No police car heading towards the place, or even the museum alarm going off. When he finally arrives, his suspicions are confirmed. The museum is in total peace.

"This reinforces theory number one"

Dick observes the surroundings of the museum, looking for any sign of escape or the presence of the person who took his amulet. Nothing.

"It's going to be the hard way"

Dick tries to remember the details he saw while visiting the museum, the most accessible and least guarded entrances. After a few minutes, he remembers the space designated for paintings in the second pavilion, a small place, but with an access skylight, at least eight meters high.
He goes around the west side, and quickly reaches the skylight.

"I hope they haven't installed any alarms here yet"Nightwing takes out from one of his pockets a small capsule, he calculates the distance and throws it a few meters from the skylight

Nightwing takes out from one of his pockets a small capsule, he calculates the distance and throws it a few meters from the skylight. As soon as it hits the ground, the capsule releases a liquid mixture that turns into foam.

Dick performs a triple jump, falling right on top of the foam, before it melts and disappears.

Using his photographic memory, Dick walks through the museum, avoiding the cameras. Until the place the curator has allowed him to approach.

He moves forward a few steps, crouches down and waits for his eyes to adapt to the darkness. The visibility doesn't improve as he expected, the environment is completely dark, only a few shadows can be identified, like a door a few meters away. Carefully Nightwing reaches the door and looks for signs of forced entry. None.

Dick runs back the way he came, he uses his staff to reach the skylight and exit the museum. He runs back across the roof of the museum and when he gets the momentum to jump to the next building, he is hit by a projectile falling into the vegetation behind the building.The fall was unplanned and even though he has a quick look around the museum, Dick has not had time to adjust for a less damaging fall, but his years of trapeze and boy wonder speak louder, he is hurt badly but manages to avoid a head fall as well as broken bones.

The fall was unplanned and even though he has a quick look around the museum, Dick has not had time to adjust for a less damaging fall, but his years of trapeze and boy wonder speak louder, he is hurt badly but manages to avoid a head fall as well...

Which doesn't mean he is ready for a fight with anyone, most likely the same person who killed the robbers at the beginning of this nonsensical story. Even against his will, Dick has to find a distraction in order to escape.

He presses a special button on his glove while trying to get away without being identified. A few inches to his right, he hears the dry sound of a bullet hitting the grass, followed by the smell of gunpowder, Nightwing is still in danger. Rolling as fast as he can, Dick prepares for a double forward jump, a not very discreet maneuver, but one that will put him a few meters ahead; he calculates the seconds until his plan finally gets underway.

Inside the museum the capsule that Nightwing used to create the foam starts to heat up, until finally it causes a small explosion, enough to set off at least one of the alarms, and when the siren sound goes off, Dick throws himself on his heels and just as his hands use the branch of the nearest tree to project himself, a new shot bursts through the dry wood, using his stick as a hook, Nightwing projects himself even further forward, further and further away from the museum, and in the betting direction Nightwing can already hear the police sirens.