Chapter 10

Even though she is waiting for Loyd, Elise is smart enough to notice the abnormality that the card situation causes at the entrance. She turns to face the security company employee and with calculated steps begins to approach the entrance

The woman wearing Gail's badge tries once again to enter with the stolen card and is already showing nervousness. She changes the hand that holds the card, using her left hand to try to gain access, leaving her right arm at her side.

Elise and Dick notice the movement and prepare to react. The inspector moves her arm close to her holster while the security guard straightens his body to intervene.

The security guard drops the badge, bending down quickly to pick it up, but she draws her gun, positioning her hip to turn, facing the inspector, before finishing the movement, Nightwing pulls the gun with her stick projecting forward, finishing the landing with a frontal jump.

- Freeze! On your knees - Elise commands the woman.

With her hands raised, the woman obeys by kneeling calmly.

- Lie down, easy.

Nightwing watches the approach from afar. Noticing the woman's movement on the ground.

- Look out! -
He tries to warn Elise at the same time he throws his stick again.

Pulling a gun from her shoulder, the security guard shoots in the inspector's direction, hitting her shoulder thanks to Nightwing's staff that lowers the barrel of the gun when it hits her. With a roll she turns toward the hero and unloads her weapon. The hero does his best to dodge the shots, which quickly cease.

- Small gun, few bullets. - he thinks before starting on his opponent.

The noise of the gunshot caught the attention of the security company, Nightwing can see them in the background as they run to the entrance of the museum. Just as he sees his opponent, face to face for the first time. She is short and slender, has black eyes and dark hair caught in a ponytail under her cap, which appears to be real, her exposed dark skin has no tattoos and her lips show a cut, traces of the last encounter between the two.

She knows she has only a few minutes to escape and she attacks voraciously, her blows are quick to the face and neck, her intention is to get the hero out of the way so she can escape. Without her weapon she is no match for Nightwing.

Nightwing quickly immobilizes her opponent, knocking her unconscious on the ground

- On the ground! Now before I shoot! - says one of the company's security guards, gun in hand, pointing from the museum's entrance

- You should go after the inspector, call an ambulance for her! - Nightwing shouts to the man

- On your knees! Now!

Nightwing gives a despondent sigh and throws three smoke bombs on the floor, two toward the door and one at his feet.

- Gas!
- one of the voices shouts

Nightwing quickly runs to get his sticks, quickly passing by Elise's side.

- Are you ok?

- Yes. Now get out of here.

Minutes later, when the smoke clears the security team comes downstairs looking for the security guard.

- Don't let her get away
. - Elise stands up with difficulty and points to the woman on the floor.

 - Elise stands up with difficulty and points to the woman on the floor