Chapter 3

- It's a really beautiful item sir, what did you say your name is again? - asks the Museum Curator, Miss Rose

- Loyd, Richard Loyd. - I reply as I finish my iced latte, who invented this?

- Is it a family inheritance? - Detective Elise asks without taking her eyes off me. She didn't introduce herself as a policewoman, she just accompanies Miss Rose around the place, since my arrival.

- Yes. Good eye, you must be an excellent evaluator. - I force a smile

- I'm not an valuer. - she replies seriously

- Then how do you know it's an inheritance?

- How else would you have an item like this? - Elise

- I could have bought it. - I try to sound as arrogant as possible, which must have worked by the detective's irritated look.

- Well, unfortunately we cannot exhibit your item at the moment, Mr. Loyd. Our museum will be closed for a few days.

- So the rumors are true?

- Rumors? - Elise

- These things come fast in social circles.

- Yes. - Rose replies with some irritation in her voice as she looks at the detective.

- I see. Well, I'll try the Gotham Museum.

- Then it'll be safe until the next crazy guy in a costume tries to rob it. - Elise

- There are crazy people in costumes who can stop it.

- Mr. Loyd, as you said the museum will be closed for a few days. But we can discuss the display of your amulet at the reopening. Can we? - curator leads the way with the body

- Of course. Excuse me. - I say goodbye to the detective.

- Absolutely. - she replies angrily and turns to leave.

- Mr. Loyd, I can assure you that this week's incident was an isolated case. Our hiring criteria are very strict.

- So you think it was an inside job?

- No, no, I believe my colleagues and employees. - she replies firmly, but shifts her gaze slightly to the left. That's a lie.

- We can talk about this again Miss Rose, it will be a pleasure to have my family history told by your museum.

- Can we keep the amulet here then?

- Keep it?

- Yes.

- I thought it would take a while for the museum to reopen.

- And it will, but we have a lot of research work to do beforehand, to try to link the history of his family with the history of our country. And to create the whole concept of the exhibition.

- Sure, I think we can do that.

- Let's go back to the room so I can take your insurance.

While Miss Rose was writing the insurance contract, I activated the alarm tracker. As well as the camera in the briefcase. And I tried to remember Richard Loyd's social security number.

 And I tried to remember Richard Loyd's social security number

LATER

- This was surely one of the most unproductive conversations I have ever had. And I even left my mother's charm there. - I say while defending her right-wing right. Exactly as expected by her, who responds with a left hook. Making me fly for a meter. Thank goodness it wasn't a bull's-eye.

- Is it over? - Donna teases me, reaching out to help me - I'll do some research on the vases and if there has been any attempted theft. I will also check if there were any requests for Romani amulets.

- Thank you, I have asked the same for Babs.

- She will find it before me then. But I will still do my research

- And what do I do?

- Retire! - she says smiling