Chapter 7

Loyd's cover was over, not because it was useless, but because he had exhausted Grayson's cash reserve, with two lousy cops following Dick had to continue playing the character and head to the airport, where a private plane from Wayne Enterprises was waiting for him. A favor that Bruce will remember for a long time, just to spite him.

Now he had to go back to wearing his Nightwing costume and get more information from another source

BLUDHAVEN|7 pm

- You need to eat better. - Nightwing says to Inspector Elise from the roof of the neighboring house

- Jesus! - she has an instinctive reflex and puts her hand where she probably keeps her gun.

- You don't need a gun, inspector, I just came to talk. - Dick approaches the light in a flashback to his years in Gotham

- You are the clown in a costume who is running around in the streets

- Helping with your work? Yes, that's me.

- And you were at the museum yesterday too, weren't you?

- Yes, that's me. -
Dick contains a proud smile

- What went wrong? Were you cheated by the partners in the robbery?

- I am not involved in the robbery, I am trying to solve it.

- Do you think I will believe you?

- Don't believe me. I was hoping we could work together, but I was wrong.

- Wait. Together in what way?

- I have some questions about the museum and its curator.

- And in return?

- In return? In return I help solve the theft and the deaths of the thieves, and you get the credit.

Elise throws an empty beer bottle at Dick, who holds it in his hand.

- Who do you think you are talking to? Do you think I need favors from an asshole with a blue colan? Do you think I need this in my career? How do you think I became an inspector, you idiot?

- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. What can you tell me about the museum?

- Yesterday's robbery was the second one in history, since its opening the museum's staff is the same, including the curator. The only change was in security. The company is new.

- Why the change?

- City Hall's request.

- Recent?

- Two years ago.

- Did you check the employees?

Elise just stares at Nightwing with a closed expression.

- Can you give me the file with the names?

- No chance.

- Fair enough.
- Nightwing prepares to leave

- Aren't you forgetting something?

- Your turn. What will it be?

- In exchange, I want you to investigate someone for me. Richard Loyd, he delivered an object to the museum to put on display, but the object was stolen yesterday.

- Why is he a suspect?

- I don't like him.

- You don't like me either. - Nightwing smiles, handing back the thrown bottle.

- Yeah, I hope I'm right about him," she turns to open the trash can and throw the bottle away, "and wrong about... - now Elise is talking to herself.

BLUDHVAVEN| 9 pm

Nightwing scours the city hall computer for the original city plans, breaking into the headquarters was easy as planned, Bludhaven doesn't have the appeal that neighboring cities like Star City and Fawcett do but it's still not a small town, at le...

Nightwing scours the city hall computer for the original city plans, breaking into the headquarters was easy as planned, Bludhaven doesn't have the appeal that neighboring cities like Star City and Fawcett do but it's still not a small town, at least some security the local city hall should have. Other than the guard sleeping at the gate.

While searching for the blueprints, Nightwing also checks known security companies and contacts related to the museum. Back in his apartment, Dick begins the comparison between the current and old blueprints and the signal from the tracker, now totally inaccessible. After a long analysis, he finds four dissonant points, four accesses in hidden blueprints that do not appear in the current ones, two near the place where the signal disappeared.

The first stop for the next day was defined, the second was missing: the museum's security company, for this Nightwing would have to analyze the information that the best hacker in the world passed to him. Oracle practically delivered everything ready, a filter between the company members and the dates that were free during the robberies, narrowing the suspects down to three names. Starting with Gail Smith.

But all that would remain for the next day, the sun was already starting to rise.