Chapter 11

- You didn't have to escort me home. - Elise says sitting on her bed, with the window open.

- I didn't. - Nightwing answers, upside down on the roof.

- I saw you on the rooftops when we left the museum. Not a very normal thing to do at ten o'clock in the morning.

- Fair enough. - Nightwing adjusts himself on the roof, facing the inspector.

- Your friend is not at all cooperative, she hasn't said a word since she arrived at the police station.

- What do we know about her?

- Nothing! She didn't say a word, didn't even ask for a lawyer. And when a public defender arrived, she remained silent.

- What about Gail? The girl she stole the badge from?

- The same, we are investigating, but without her help. We have nothing. Much less time.

- Can you give me any information? Fingerprints?

- We haven't had any feedback from our research, why should yours be any different? Loyd didn't show up!

Nightwing is silent.

- You knew it! You knew he wasn't coming and you set us up to get her! You lied to me!

- You couldn't risk it, you'd go straight after Gail and scare her off.

- Get out of my house!

- Inspector...

- Now! And don't even think about doing your patrolling around. As of today, you're wanted, and if you're caught, you'll keep your friend company for years to come.

BLUDHAVEN | 3 p.m

Nightwing closes another thirty push-ups in his never-ending cycle of exercising and looking over the notes of his investigation of Gail's whereabouts, with little hope, he has already begun the investigation of where the body might be left.

The last option left is the steel door below the bridge, but now it would be much more guarded after his last visit. Double jeopardy for both the police and him. The research about the shooter finally paid off, thanks to Question: Luena Roy, twenty-six years old, Angolan, arrived in the country thirteen days ago, directly to Bludhaven. Probably the first illegal auction took place in the city, under Nightwing's nose.

Another series of exercises to vent hatred. Even if we get the basic information, Questão's research has limits. Luena's modus operandi was not fully revealed, only some robberies she participated in, several shootings, some deaths, not discriminated which had her direct involvement, no kidnappings or modus operandi. Nothing! May it help to find Gail.

Dick could not consult Elise about new information, he had burned that bridge when he used the inspector. He acknowledges that she was right about the anger, but he was hoping for a more rational response. As much anger and disappointment as he is feeling, Dick can no longer exercise himself. In the bath he continues with his perspectives.

Luena has not spoken, not even to the assigned defender, meaning that she is waiting for rescue, both legal and illegal

Luena has not spoken, not even to the assigned defender, meaning that she is waiting for rescue, both legal and illegal.Elise will hold off the transfer as long as she can, but it will happen at some point, it is a window. The two plans are set, two lousy plans, but set.

A: storm the base below the bridge, provoking an unprecedented gunfight and with no idea how many opponents, guns and bullets he will have to face, if, he manages to open the door.

B: kidnap Luena, amidst the police force and try to get a confession from the shooter, without flinching.

All this before the next auction in Hub City.