Chapter 2

From the shadows, Nightwing analyzes the investigation process of the policemen, disheartened by what he sees.

The cops mess up the entire crime scene, walking everywhere and touching everything, without gloves.

"We sure don't have a Gordon, damn it, or a Bullock"

- For God's sake, stop walking around the crime scene.

"Or we do!"

The newly arrived police officer finally isolates what is left of the scene and allows the official investigation to begin

The newly arrived police officer finally isolates what is left of the scene and allows the official investigation to begin. She seems to be well experienced in her duties and also in ignoring the inefficiency and neglect of her colleagues.

- Robbery is solved Elise - says a policeman with the suitcase in his hand

- Why steal and leave it here? - she answers without looking at him

- Ask the legist, he is the only one who will have the answers.

- It could be you, if you hadn't lost the car. But I know where I can get more answers.

- Where?

- With the museum staff. - Elise says, grabbing the suitcase.

The policeman refuses to let go of the strap

- When you have a position above mine, then you make the decisions.

Still smiling at the policewoman's attitude, Nightwing leaves the shed and heads toward the museum.

Even cutting his way through the buildings, he arrives minutes after her and from a distance he sees Elise enter the museum, passing through the isulation cordon.

"It won't work, it's too surrounded. I'll have to use plan B. Shit, I forgot my backpack!"

The next day, first thing in the morning, Dick gets ready to go to the museum.

He washes his hair and passes the brown dye, the last box he had in his storeroom.

He tries on a suit but changes clothes after finding his appearance too formal.

Wearing less formal clothes, but still well-dressed, Dick chooses the sunglasses and watch he will wear to complete the look. While finishing, he practices his Romani accent in front of the mirror. He searches for the memories of his parents in the circus.

Finally, he opens the safe hidden in the false bottom of his suitcase, with the initials WE.

He pulls out a blue velvet pouch, and from inside, a silver amulet.

- Sorry, Mom. But I'll get it back soon.