chapter xviii

-y/n pov-

i need to get out of this trailer. i walk the perimeter, looking for something - anything - to get me out of here. i scream and just slam myself into the door. and to my surprise, it works. i stumble out of the trailer, everyone looking surprised. the dim lighting means they don't realise it is me, but i know it's them. negan has them all kneeling, and is torturing them. well he was. now he's looking at me slightly surprised - if a little pissed off. "i told you to stay in the trailer until its safe!" he scolds me. "do not do anything to them." i shout. "excuse me?" negan asks, taken aback. "y/n?" rick barely whispers, but negan catches it. "you know these people?" he asks me, genuinely. "yes. and if you hurt them, you hurt me." i say, desperate for anything except them getting hurt. negan sighs. "alright then, party pooper. i won't touch any of them. but i still need my supplies!" he shouts, walking off to the truck. i stand still, and turn to the group, not sure of what to do. they all are frozen and stare at me for a second, before they start rushing over and hugging me. they then part, creating a gap so i have a view of ron. my eyes start welling up as we stare for each other. he looks as me as if he is scared its some illusion, or prank. he quickly sprints over and rugby tackles me, hugging me so tight i can barely breathe. i return the hug, not wanting to let go ever. i hate to admit it, but i have grown wayyy too attached to him.

"you're alive," he whispers in my ear, in disbelief. "you can't get rid of me that easily," i whisper, giggling. we walk hand in hand back to my house, and do not physically let go over each other until i decide to take a shower.

i walk back into my room, towel drying my hair where i see ron, nervously on the bed. "whats up?" i ask. he doesn't reply instantly, and looks down and his lap, before taking a box off it. he hands it to me and i open it. i gasp at the contents. its a beautiful necklace. "oh ron this is the prettiest necklace i've ever seen!" i gush running my fingers over the pendant. "where on earth did you get this?" i ask, still in awe. "carl and i went on a little run while you were supposed to be on one." he mumbles. "look.. um y/n?" he asks, quietly. i pull my eyes away from the necklace, and look at him. "yes?" i ask. i am still confused as to why he is acting so weirdly. "um.. " he hesitates, before sighing. "will you be my girlfriend?" he blurts out, and both of our eyes widen at what he just said. a small grin creeps onto my face. he looks up at my face to see a reaction, and i reply. "of course!" his face quickly softens with relief.
he sits up, and helps me with my necklace, before pulling me in by my waist. i instantly get butterflies, and collapse on the bed. we lay in each others arms for ages, and theres nowhere i would rather be.