chapter xiv

i manage to convince ron to go back to my house. i realise that he will not want to go to his own house anytime soon, so the move will be pretty much permanent. i check with him first that its okay, before going over to his house and getting some of his stuff. i took several bags, so i could carry quite a lot.

i get back, and ron goes to take a shower. while he's doing that, i start putting away all of his things. my room is pretty crammed now - with both mine and rons stuff in it, but i don't mind. enid comes in quickly to inform me she is going to go and meet carl, and will be out for the night. i nod, and decide to have a movie night with ron.

he gets out of the bathroom, clean clothes and messy wet hair. god he is so attractive. i feel those butterflies again as he walks towards me. i then go in the bathroom myself, with some clean pyjamas, and have a shower as well. i make sure to look extra good - shaving my legs and moisturising. i wash my hair as well, and once i get out of the shower, i towel dry it and brush it, while washing my face. i then finish off by putting on some lip balm and brushing my teeth, then walk out of the bathroom. i meet ron downstairs, and sit next to him on the sofa. "you look amazing," he whispers in my ear. i giggle. "i could say the same to you," i reply, teasingly.

i microwave a packet of popcorn, and search through the dvd set i had scavenged. "what do you wanna watch?" i ask, looking back at him. "your choice," he replies, not very helpfully. i go with 'the little mermaid', and then remember the popcorn.

i walk into the room, popcorn bowl in hand, and rons eyes light up. "you found popcorn?!" he exclaims. "yep!" i reply, putting the bowl down on the coffee table, and grabbing a blanket to lay over us. we watch movies for hours, until i fall asleep in rons lap.

i had a dream where michonne stabbed ron, and woke up shaking. "shh shh, its okay," ron murmured, stroking my hair. i soon fall back to sleep.

the next morning, ron and i have dry cereal for breakfast, and then head out. we decided to have a productive day today - alexandria needs help now more than ever. ron decides to go and visit his mum and brother's graves first, so i head over to ricks without him.

i walk straight into the middle of a conversation, so i sit down with them in the living room, silently. "we need more help - carl can't go on runs anymore because of his eye." rick tells us. "i could go on them with you?" i suggest. everyone turns to face me. "i did live outside on my own for months, and i did go on a small run with enid a little while ago. and i know how to defend myself!" i insist. they look thoughtful for a moment, but quickly agree that it would be a good idea. "okay you can replace carl for now on his runs-" rick starts, but is interrupted by a slam. the front door. i lean back from where i am sat to look out of the window, and find ron storming off. i sigh, and excuse myself, telling them to find me when they need me for the next run.

i carefully close the door behind me, before chasing after ron. i get to my house, and run up the stairs. sure enough, there is ron curled up in a little ball on my bed. he's facing away from me, so i call his name to get his attention. "ron?" no reply. "ron are you okay?" i ask, getting increasingly concerned. he turns to face me, and i can see anger flashing in his eyes. "you're not going out there." he states. "what?"
"you're not going out there." he repeats, sternly. "on the runs. i won't let you." he says, still full of anger. i start to feel annoyed now. "you can't tell me what i can or can't do. they need my help."
"i won't let you do it. i won't let you die." he says, barely a whisper. "i'm not going to die! i'm going on a couple of runs to replace carl while he gets better!" i tell him, still annoyed. i see a tear drop fall down him cheek. "you aren't going. you are the only one i have left." he whispers, his voice breaking. oh. i instantly feel bad for being insensitive. i sit down on the bed, cuddling him. "ron you aren't losing me. i promise."