seventeen

༺chapter seventeen༻✧⇝ tolerate it

༺chapter seventeen༻

tolerate it

The second Jake stepped forward onto the village with a a bruised face with his family, he felt the emotions rush to him, Kiri had felt something was off when Quaritch mentioned about losing a daughter, Tuk ask about her older sister, but they didn't give the answers she wanted.

"Jake Sully." Tonowari spoke his name quietly, ignoring the small human with them. "Your daughter—"

Neytiri exhaled gripping her youngest daughter's hand, Kiri looked up to the man then to her father, Lo'ak touched spiders shoulder with a tight squeeze, Jake blinked clearing his throat. "I know, I know." He muttered quietly.

Ronal came around touching her mates arm, "she's alive, your daughter is a txur tsamsiyu." (Strong warrior) Neytiri gasped hearing her words, stumbling back into Jake's shoulder. "It's best to let the humans explain."

Jake cocked his head as they followed Tonowari and Ronal. "Humans?" Neteyam jerked his head back upon hearing his family. "Dad. Mom." Neytiri walked forward into the hunt, she cried in that moment.

"Amiryat." She cried rushing inside with her two daughters following after her, falling to her knees cradling her face. "My strong, brave daughter." She presses light feather kisses to her face.

"She's okay, Tuk." Kiri held Amiryat unmoving hand as she held her little sister to her chest. Lo'ak stepped through, exhaling that she was okay, he turned to Neteyam. "You okay?" Lo'ak spoke softly, Neteyam only hums not moving his eyes from his sister though lo'ak can see right through him. "Come, lets get some air." The boy wrapped his arm over his brothers shoulder guiding them outside.

Jake thanked Ronal and Tonowari before they excused themselves and left the family. "Jake, I'm so sorry man." Norm embrace his long time friend in a hug, Jake pats his back pulling back. "What happened, why isn't she's moving."

Norm brought him outside the hunt, he knew it was better to tell him without everyone around, Max walked out passing Norm the tablet. "When we got here, her wound was something I hadn't seen in a long time, it reminded me when—" he took a paused. "Grace got shot, I didn't think I could save her, but then it was like something was telling me that I can and that she need immediate help, but she wasn't moving or breathing for some time, it was almost impossible—"

"Norm." Jake cut him off, Norm inhaled dropping his hands in defeat. "Whatever it is, tell me, please now."

"Jake, she died."

The father released shaky breath, he glanced back into the hunt. "She died? I don't— what? How could she have died, that's impossible."