ʙʀᴏᴀᴅᴄᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ

here's the prompt for those who are curious:

warning: this is a long chapter, apologizes. (For reference, this was 3 pages on google docs)

(Quick side note: quite a bit doesn't make sense, it's just there for plot purposes. There isn't as much fluff as I wanted, the chapter was getting way too long. :,)

🌸 - Written - 2/22/2023, Fluff, Gn neutral reader <3 (btw this was proofread but not that well so like- expect minor errors)

──・ 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ・ 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ─
——————————————————
[Broadcaster's pov]

     Turning off my microphone, I leaned back into my chair and stared into the hallway. "Hey!" I yelled down the hall. "Can someone get one of the announcers to cover for me! I'm gonna go play!" I waited a few seconds and heard a reply. "Yeah go ahead, I'll cover for you in 5 minutes." Replied a sort of childish voice. I stood up and walked down the steps of the announcement room (A/N: I'm not good at naming things-). A new match had started and I just wanted to participate, you know? Plus it was my favorite map agency.

     I've got no clue on what mode this was, I just hope it's something easy. Once the teams were sorted, we spawned in the main lobby of agency waiting for the countdown to be over. "Show them how it's done!" yelled our announcer. We finally got told what the mode was and it was pistols. I looked around at my teammates and noticed someone familiar. It was [Reader]. Despite us not talking much, we're basically best friends. They joined us like, a month ago? I actually haven't seen them for a while. That's strange. Either way, they seemed decent at this when I last saw them. Maybe they're just as good as they were last time. Countdown over, I rushed myself upstairs to get an advantage. My favorite map + favorite mode, definitely a nice combination.

     First gun of the match was the Peppergun. Crouching by the door leading towards the hallway of the office, I kept my gun pointed towards the door near the meeting room. Somebody from the red team ran out, jumping over the railing. I managed to get a few hits on them before a teammate got them out. Us both getting a point for the kill. somebody came running out a second later and I got the headshot "What an amazing shot!" Yelled murderous child.

     Next gun, M9. I ran into the office, past the computers and to the balcony. I managed to find a few people there. I got a kill and jumped down trying to get the other person. Once I was on the ground, I saw [Reader] struggling on their gun. I tried my best to help them but I was on Hushpuppy. We both ended up dying. I respawned in the meeting room. Getting back up, I started heading toward the railing. I got a few kills from there. Hoping down, I ran into the lobby and camped the stairs waiting for the metal detector to expose the red team. 30 seconds had flown by, and no one had walked by, holding my gun tight to my chest I ran up the stairs. But just then I heard a beep, I crouched by the pillar and waited for them to enter the lobby. Once I saw a glimpse of somebody coming in, I started shooting. "It's me, chill out!" Yelled a feminine voice. Out came performer and [Reader]. "Damn" she said in a sigh. "My bad!" I yelled.