Entertainer

[ a lot of this chapter was focused on everything but the reader... i didnt want to scrap it :') ]

Requested

🌸 - Written - 2/27/2023, Fluff, Gn neutral reader <3

──・ 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ・ 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ─

———————————————————

[Entertainer's POV]

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen (and non-binary people)!" I yelled through the megaphone (A/N; I love using the megaphone for no reason in this book hbbguvgkvlfc) "Welcome to tonight's performance, at the Heights fright circus!" said performer. "Stay in your seats and enjoy the show!" We said together. We quickly walked out of the audience's view. "Ready for the show, entertainer?" Asked Performer, while readjusting her hat. "Always" I replied, fixing my makeup.

"Oh! The dancers are on! I'm gonna go watch, do you wanna go with me?" She excitedly asked."Uhm.. sure-" she quickly pulled on my arm taking me to the backstage balcony. It had no lights shining on it which made it so people couldn't see us from here. I never knew why my sister was so obsessed with the dancers whenever they were performing. Sure- they're pretty and stuff but still. We sat up on the balcony watching everyone put on their best performance. "Wait a minute- don't we have a new act today?" I asked worriedly "Oh shoot- I completely forgot! Come on-!" She said dragging me with her once more.

She explained the concept of our latest act. For this one we were working with bombs. Obviously for legal reasons- they weren't real- but they were going to slightly hurt. We were going to do a basic trick, we'll be on the trapeze while trying to juggle the bombs while passing them to each other. It's just that but the act gets more intense the longer it goes on. We did a few throws at each other before it was our turn.

It's been a while since I've been on stage. We had an accident on set where I broke my arm. The audience didn't notice though and we had to play it off. I was in the hospital for a day or 2 while being treated. I had to spend the last few weeks healing. The audience didn't even miss me. The audience preferred my sister over me, which is fine I guess. She's- cool, she deserves the fame she gets. I was on stage yesterday but We didn't do anything big since I just recovered.

"Entertainer, aren't you excited! We can perform together again!" Said Performer. I gave her a small nod as we walked onto the stage. Taking a deep breath, I climbed up the trapeze. Bombs In hand I stared at performer who gave me an encouraging nod.

I stared back at the audience who were whispering among themselves excitedly. I noticed one person In particular who was already cheering for us. I couldn't hear them over the sound of the rest of the audience. But that was enough for me to gain a little more confidence. We lit up our bombs and started on our act.

Swinging down I tried my best not to get dizzy. I didn't expect this trick to be easy, to be fair. Performer quickly passed me a bomb while lighting another one. Just before it was about to explode I threw it off to the side, away from the audience. It exploded and flowers and smoke came out. I looked back at Performer who passed me another one. I swung to the platform and juggled through the bombs I was handed.

Something was off with this one though, I swung back down and got hold of another trapeze line. I think Performer could tell something was off too. She tapped on her earpiece asking to ask for a pause on the show for a moment but wasn't able to get a hold of anyone. Performer gave me one of our show signs that she wasn't able to get a hold of anyone. I sighed and decided to carry on with the show.

Finally towards the finish. We were back on our platform. I was hesitant to light up the last bomb I had but it would be weird if we finished with only 1 bomb remaining. I lit it up and went back down. Heading towards Performer, I stretched my hand out. She took it and swung with me. I got her to the other side of the platform where I handed her the bomb.