𝕹𝖊𝖝

-

𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫

-

Even though, Ryujin's mother was slapping her repeatedly, it was out of love and worry as she wanted to force Ryujin to tell her who gave her the burns on her arm.

"I'm gonna murder them. Tell me, now!" She screamed, not wanting to make such a scene in front of Yeji, the guest, but she just couldn't control herself.

Yeji should have been worried that Ryujin might give up the truth, but she wasn't worried at all. She only stared at the mother with that damn ugly smirk, twirling her smooth hair with her fingers.

"It was the group of bullies..." Ryujin finally admitted,

"No, that's not good enough. I need names!"

"I don't know their names!"

"That must be a lie!"

Yeji found it rich that Ryujin was protecting her, what kind of feelings does Ryujin feel for her if she doesn't want to admit it was Yeji and her group of friends. Is it fear? Love?

"It's for the best, Ryujin. Just tell us, so we can get it sorted out. We can move you to a new school before they find out where we live so we don't have to worry about them harassing us in our own home."

Yeji interrupted, beginning to chuckle. She covered her mouth and threw her head back, holding her stomach with her other arm. She began slapping the table as she calmed down, catching her breath. "Naega." She admitted, saying it with a normal voice, yet it was enough to stop the conversation.

Everyone stared, not being able to tell if Yeji was joking or not, but once she gave Ryujin's mother a look from Hell, they knew.

"Naega." Yeji sighed carelessly, taking Ryujin's other arm and yanking the other sleeve up. The whole table gasped. "I didn't want to admit it quite yet, but your fear was too rich. You feared her bullies finding her home, but you've already invited me in oh so warmly... My friends and I broke into your house, went into her room, waited for her to come home, pinned her to her bed and I burned her 16 times with her curling iron. Then today, she slapped me, so I sliced her hand open." Then she threw Ryujin's arm down and sighed, "I'll leave before you scream at me and call me a crazy bitch." She got up, heading towards the door but turning before leaving. "Cherryman(Only Cherry..., ttarawa(follow me). Only if you want to." Her eyes sparkled, letting Ryujin decide for herself.

"You will not go, and we will be contacting the police." Ryujin's mother stated through tears, telling Ryujin to not leave with the devil.

Ryujin sighed, looking at Haering next to her, silent tears falling down to her school uniform. Ryujin smiled, kissing her forehead, grabbing her phone, her bag, and the box of cherries. She stood up from the floor and went to Yeji, holding her hand as she left with her and into her black Cadillac.

"Has she lost her mind?" Ryujin's mother shouted, going after them, but they were long gone already. She wanted to file a kidnapping, but what was she gonna tell the police? That she worried for her daughter that was given a choice to leave or stay and chose to leave?

Staring out the car window, Ryujin held Yeji's hand tighter. She almost told the driver to take her back, but then that would mean leaving Yeji. Which would be good for her, but she can't leave her. The same way she can't give up junk food. The same way Yeji can't give up smoking.

In Yeji's bedroom, they ate the cherries together. Ryujin was lay flat and Yeji on top of her, hanging a cherry from her teeth to let Ryujin pull it from the stem so she can eat the cherry, spit out the pit, put it in the lid of the box and watch Yeji take the stem in her mouth and tie it into a knot within her own mouth.