Real Life is Not Romantic

"I can't please." I chuckle as I pull my clothes back to my body.

He leaned to me and wiped the hair on my forehead.

"Why not? It's been awhile. I want you."

"She is coming home."

He rolled his eyes and then went down the bed.

"I thought you loved me? Why can't you just divorce her ? I will make you happy."

I push him a bit and walk to the door.

"See you later?"

He angrily lay on the bed.

"Fuck."

I went out and drove home.

I have two homes.

One where I can be happy but not content. And one I am in Europia but every single time my heart just can't stop worrying for fear of being recognized.

"Honey!" Charlotte runs to the top floor hearing me entering the house.

The maids take away the things I brought with me.

"Honey." I smile. We both run. Her downstairs and me upstairs and we met in the middle. I hugged her and we kissed.

Her eyes are shining and I can tell she is genuinely happy.

"How about the kids?" I ask.

"They are tired. They kept asking about you." She pouts. "Dad said, you should not prioritize your company over your family." She puts her hand around my neck.

"But I said, I love you just the way you are. And I know that my husband will always do everything for our family." She smiles.

"Thank you Honey." I hug her and rub my lips on her neck.

"Why are you thanking me? You deserve all my trust." She pulled my hand. "Come~ I bought new lingerie and....I'm sure you miss me~" she said whispering in my ears.

.

.

.

I received a lot of texts from Zachary that night. I wake up in the middle of the night and look at my naked wife sleeping beside me.

I grit my teeth and checked all his mails.

I'm tired of this life.

Zachary and Charlotte deserve better.

But why can't I stop myself?

If only I can just stop my heart and my emotions.

I once again blocked Zachary's number. Trying again to forget. But I know deep down that if he shows up in my office, I'll still give in.

I'm selfish to hope that Zachary will be the one to give up first on his own accord.

I went to the children's room. I thought I'm straight. I married my first girlfriend and my childhood friend. But just one mistake makes me realize that I am not built right.

And Zachary is that mistake.

But it's not fair for him to be called that.

It's all my fault.

"Dad? Why are you crying?"

My daughter wakes up and asks me.

"I'm sorry. Did Daddy wake you up? I just missed you and your brother."