Chapter 9 - Help Me Demi

*Demi's POV*

I opened the door and saw Mollie lying on the floor clutching her stomach. I knelt down beside her and rolled her over so she was led on her back.

"Are you alight Mollie" I asked whilst moving her arm from her tummy.

"S-he s-he attacked me" Mollie said trying to catch her breath

"What do you mean attacked you?" I asked to see if she was as sneaky as she seems to be

"That bitch Dani hit me in the stomach and kneed me in the face and I did nothing to her!"

"Actually Mollie I think you'll find that she didn't 'attack' you, you were the one intimidating her in the first place, she only took and act of self defence."

"But Miss Lovato-"

"No Mollie I saw exactly what happened, everything you said and everything you did, even though Dani might be frightened of you I'm definitely not. So don't go trying anything because it'll come round to bite you on the ass."

And with that I stood up and walked back into the classroom. I gathered my things, closing down my laptop and putting it away. I headed to the door which I left open and to my amazement Mollie had disappeared. I walked out of my classroom and then down the corridor and through the exit. As I walked across the parking lot I saw somebody standing next to my car. As I got closer their face became clear.

I froze.

Jack was the one standing next to my car casually leaning against the door. I tried to ignore the fact that we was stood less than 3 metres away from me.

"Demi.. Can we talk?"

"Go away Jack I made it perfectly clear how I feel about you coming back, now if you don't mind I have somewhere to be" As I went to open the door Jack grabbed my arm span me around and kissed me.

"God Demi I've missed your lips" I pushed him away from me and he fell to the ground, I opened the car door got in and sped away without looking back.

Fuck.

I decided to push my problems aside, do the right thing and go to visit Dani and see how she's doing. I turned on the radio to try and cheer me up but nothing was working depressing songs just came on so I gave up and turned it off all together. When I arrived at Dani's house only two lights were on. One downstairs and one upstairs. I parked my car and did a quick make up and hair check in the mirror before I took off my seatbelt and opened the car door to get out. As I walked up the driveway I saw someone peek through the closed curtains and look away when I looked over which I thought was extremely odd. I walked up the steps of the porch and came face to face with a big blue door almost twice the size of me. I brought my arm up to the door ready to knock when I noticed myself shaking. I hesitated. I wondered if this was actually a good idea, a teacher showing up at a students door unannounced. I knew I had to do it. Okay. Here goes nothing.

*knock knock*

The blue door slowly opened and Dani stood there in grey sweats, a hoodie with her hair up in a messy bun and she was wearing her glasses. She looked so different to when earlier in school, almost like a different person all together..

"Miss Lovato? What are you doing here?" Dani asked looked very confused which made me smile a little

"I came to check to see if you were okay after the incident with Mollie earlier after school? and by the way just call me Demi, its not school hours." I said smiling.

"Oh right, do you want to come in?" I nodded and she moved out the way opening the door wider so I could come in. When I walked in I was greeted by silence, I looked over at Dani in confusion.

"Nobody's here. My Dad went to the movies with Emily and my sister leaving me here."

"Why didn't you go?" I asked politely

"Didn't want to, I told my Dad I had stacks of homework to do and that I didn't feel well. Want a drink?"

"Oh right I see and yes please" Dani nodded and walked into the kitchen. I mentally debated whether or not to bring up the incident earlier when Dani came into the room carrying our drinks, she lent over me to put them down on the coffee table in front of me when her jumper sleeve rolled up exposing everything. Dani hadn't realised what had happened but she had noticed me staring, she looked down at her arm and quickly rolled down her sleeve, then she went and sat on the other end of the couch.

"Dani what's going on?" I asked really concerned after seeing her arm. She shook her head refusing to speak. She didn't move an inch the whole time I had my eyes on her. Eventually she looked up at me and our eyes met. I slowly moved myself over to her end of the couch, I took her left arm and rolled up her sleeve, she turned her head away but didn't move a muscle. When I looked at her arm I gasped. They were covered in red lines. Some where thin and quite small and others we a couple of millimetres wide and centimetres long. While I was looking at them tears where coming to my eyes and Dani looked at me a couple of times but looked away.

"Why do you do this to yourself Dani?"

"I don't know Demi.." She moved her arm out of my grip, got up off the couch and went to the window and stood still looking out. I waited a couple of minutes before I also got up and walked over to the window, I turned her around so she was facing me and I saw that she had been silently crying whilst looking out the window, I gave her a half smile and wiped away her tears with the sleeve of my jacket. We never broke eye contact. She then suddenly burst into and fell into my arms, I gently picked her up bridal style and carried her over to the couch letting her cry into my shoulder. I sat down on the couch and led her on my lap allowing her to cry until she could cry no more. We were sat like this for a good fifteen minutes when her sobs turned into little sniffles, I was gently rubbing her back when she sat up and spoke.

"I'm not good enough for anything or anyone any more. I'm completely worthless in every single way. They tell me to do it. The voices. They're always there, day and night without fail. I can't every make them go away unless its through cutting but even then they're never completely gone. I can't take it any more I've gotten to the point where I want to die. Mollie is going to get me at school, my family hate me, my whole world is just falling apart. I'll never be good enough for any one ever, and no matter how hard I try I'm never happy. All I want to be is happy Demi. I've got nothing to live for any more. All I've got left is my guitar and music."

Tears forms in my eyes as she finished talking and she noticed one roll down my cheek.

"Please help me Demi, I don't want to live like this any more"

"You've got me now Dani, I'm not going anywhere. We'll get through this together, I promise"

Dani smiled and led back down allowing me to wrap my arms around her.

--------------

Hellloooo people! I've decided to start writing again and I thought I'd make up for my absence with a long chapter!

You're welcome ;-)

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I promise there will be more to come just be patient...

Don't forget to vote and leave me comment about what you thought

-Keira