Chapter 5 - New Beginnings

*Dani's POV*

(One Week Later)

Ever since my argument with Emily we haven't spoken, I kind of feel bad, I was harsh on her but at the same time both Emily and my dad hurt me... I constantly apologised but she just kept nodding and walking away. Once again I pushed someone I love away...

"Well done Dani." The voices spoke inside my head.

They seem to be doing that a lot lately, talking to me almost whispering things in my head saying I should do that or I should say this. The worst part is when they tell me to cut. It's horrible. Back in England Maddie called them Demons, I first started hearing these demons around 5 years after mum left and they never went away.

...We've got young blood

Can't destroy us

We make our own luck in this world

We've got young blood

No one chose us

We make our own life in this world...

The familiar song 'Young Blood' by my idol Bea Miller filled my room making me wake up with a smile on my face, which then disappeared when I realised...

Today is my first day at Ashton High.

I'm honest I am shitting it. The past week I have done nothing but worry, I keep getting images run through my head of this day and it's scaring me. Dragging myself out of my warm and cosy bed I trip on something metal which made a rattling noise, flashbacks from last week came into my head making my heart beat fast and my mouth go dry...

*Flashback*

I sit on the floor leaning against the door to stop Emily coming in. Out of the corner of my eye I see something reflecting in the light.

A blade.

I slowly crawl across the tiled floor to where the blade was laying, I pick it up and the voices start talking...

"Do it Dani, nobody will ever know..."

"Your family hate you! No wonder your mum left."

"You're just one fat, ugly and worthless piece of shit, do it. Nobody with care."

And with that I take the blade and drag it across the old faded scars on my arm, watching the blood surface from underneath, I let the tears fall on freely down my cheeks..."

*End Flashback*

I shudder at the thought of my last cut. Without hesitation I quickly kick the box under my bed and walk towards the bathroom...

*3 hours later*

"Well kiddo this is it, your new school." My dad said pulling up outside the front entrance to Ashton High. I say nothing and open the car door and get out. I slowly walk round to the driver's side with a morbid look on my face.

"Cheer up hunny it's gonna be fine. You know you have Miss Lovato to talk to if you ever need anything"

Dad has been constantly reminding me that this Miss Lovato person whoever she is, is going to be my new teacher/councillor for the next year... My mind starts to wonder about this woman before my dad snaps me back into reality. "Well I'll see you later hun, have fun" I nod at him, give him a little kiss on the cheek and turn around to walk away towards what looks like a hell hole.

"Oh yeah Dani?" I turn around at look at my dad. "Principle Brookes wants to see you when you get inside" once again I nod and walk away.

This is the moment I have been dreading all week.

Walking through the hallways of Ashton High I start to see the resemblance between my old school and this one. Everything came flooding back to me and I feel tears start form in my eyes. Holding back my tears I find my way to the principle's office where he just handed me a map of the school and my timetable and sent me on my way.

Great.

After about 20 minutes of searching for my first lesson, music with Miss Lovato, I finally find the classroom. Lessons had already started so I knocked on the door and waited... I jumped slightly when someone shouted at me to come in. I walked into the classroom which fell silent, I took one look at the class and looked down at my feet. People started talking, I didn't like it...

"So you must be Danielle Mason, welcome! My name is Miss Lovato..."