Chapter 10 - Girls Weekend

Demi POV:

I held her tight as she cried into my chest, at least 2 hours passed before she managed to say another word but even then it was just a murmur. We were now fully led across the sofa, I was led on my back and Dani just led across me; she just laid there still every so often tightening her grip on me. She looked up at me and flashed a weak smile, I knew she was hurting, I wanted to fix her.

"Dani sweetheart it's 10pm" She didn't move. I had no idea when her dad was coming home but I didn't want to be here when he did. I didn't want to move from this position, it felt right, I feel like I can protect Dani and that nothing in this world can hurt her but I know the second we let go I become powerless. "Is my family home yet?" She said through sniffles, her voice was croaky you could tell she had been crying, seeing her like this breaks my heart. "I heard your phone beep a while ago but I didn't want to wake you to check it" I started playing with her hair, I know that's every girl's weakness, I gently started brushing my fingers through her hair, I felt her breathing increase and her grip tighten. Am I making her nervous?

Dani slowly sat up, she looked at me in the eyes and smiled. God that girl is beautiful. She tried to climb off the couch but didn't have much luck, you could tell she was trying her hardest not to hurt me, she reached for her phone typed in her password and stood there for a second. Many looks went across her face in the space of a minute, I couldn't tell what was going on, all of a sudden she threw her phone across the room, it hit the wall with a bang and then fell to the floor leaving a loud cracking sound to fill the room. She looked at me and sat down not breaking eye contact. "What's up?" I said weakly, hoping it's nothing too serious, I continued looking at Dani, I noticed her eyes filling with tears as she broke eye contact and looked at the floor, I edged closer trying not to push my luck, she put her arm round me which was a good sign. "I have good news and bad news" She whispered still looking at the floor, I stroked her arm indicating for her to carry on. "The good news is my family isn't coming home tonight, they've decided to go visit my grandma for the weekend so I'll be on my own for the next 4 days and the bad news is, not only will I be on my own but I'll be on my own with my thoughts and feeling" you could see she was ashamed of what she had said he head dropped more and she started playing with her hands.

"I'll stay with you if you want" I blurted out, nice one Demi, make yourself look like a fool in front of a student. Dani's head shot up and smiled at me. She seemed to like the idea. "Oh my god yes please Miss Lovato uh I mean Demi, if you want to that is" my stomach went funny, it's almost as if she had given me butterflies...

"I'm not doing anything this weekend apart from marking so if you want I will" Dani smiled at what I said, you could tell she really wanted this. She needs this. I'm going to fix her and I've found the way.

"Right then, I'm going to go back to my apartment, gather a few of my things, I'll be back in half an hour maybe an hour tops okay?" Dani nodded and smiled, I got up gave her a hug and a little kiss on the forehead then slid my flats on and walked out to the car. As the door shut behind me I felt a sudden rush of something flow through me, I brushed it off got in my car and drove off.

On the way back to my apartment I couldn't stop thinking about Dani, not in a loving way but in a concerned and caring way. I couldn't get the image of her arms out of my head, all those red lines going up, down and across her skin, there had to have been at least 150? Maybe even more. When she was sleeping on me back at her house she was murmuring something but I couldn't make out what it was, I heard the words 'blade', 'help' snd my name, Demi. I didn't know what it meant and not sure if I wanted to know either.. when I got back to my apartment I gathered clothes, food, stuff for school and last but not least, chic-flick and romance movies. Before I go back to Dani's I needed to make one last stop at the superstore.

I bought snacks, chocolate, candy, pop tarts and loads of other things. I bought her favourite food ever, Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream, she's going to love this.

When I arrived back at Dani's house I noticed her lights were dimmer than earlier, I got out my car and walked up to the door, I knocked and Dani answered, she had redone her hair and make up, she looked so beautiful, her big brown eyes were sparking once again. She took my stuff, dumped it on the couch and led me upstairs, I had no idea where this was all going, but I knew if it was what I was thinking then I would let it happen. Boy was I wrong. We went upstairs and she lead me to her room, this time it was my heart rate increasing, she stopped outside her door and turned to face me. "You promise you won't make fun of me or call me a baby?" She took my hand but I didn't pull away "I promise sweetheart" with that she opened the door and led to me in revealing her entire room covered in blankets, fairy lights pillows, duvets the whole lot she had built us a little fort. It was the most beautifulest thing id ever seen. "I thought we could go in here and escape all our problems, like a little bubble of sort" She said grinning at me. "Wow" I said as my jaw hit the floor, "you did all this for us?" I asked, Dani nodded "I wanted go show you I care about you and how grateful I am to have you in my life" my eyes started to tear up, I hugged her tight "I love you" She whispered in my ear I smiled.

"I love you too"

----

Hey guys so it's been over a year since I updated, my life as been so hectic! I've just finished my first year at university which is big so now I have the next 3 months off so hopefully I can update more!

Thank you all so much for the reads and I hope that my absent won't keep you from reading

-Keira 💕💕