Chapter 2 - Welcome Back

(A/N: The previous chapter was just getting you up to speed on what happened. You’ll see what I mean when you read it.. just thought I’d tell you.. Enjoy.)

*Dani’s POV*    -Present Day-

“Dani? Oh my god… NURSE COME QUICK SHE’S WAKING UP!”

I felt someone grab my wrist to check my pulse then quickly releasing it. Their hands felt small, almost child-like. Then I realised, it was my little sister Jess. I tried to communicate with her by talking but for some reason I couldn’t move my mouth, I could even open my eyes.. What is going on?

 I tried moving my arm to get someone’s attention but everything seemed to have stopped working. Then the thoughts ran through my head ‘Am I dead? What’s going on? Oh shit. I’m dead. That’s it. I’m gone… fuck.’ The next thing I knew I was able to open my eyes but they felt very heavy. When my vision became clearer I managed to work out that I was in a room, all the walls were painted white with a single photo frame hanging on the wall of a boat sailing into the sunset, there was a table and chair next to me with what looked like paper work laid upon it. Then I heard some beeping, I could recognise that sound anywhere- it was a pulse and heart rate monitor (I watch a lot of doctor shows). Fuck. I’m in hospital.

 The door burst open and Jess and my dad ran in followed by a slightly chubby nurse who seemed to be quite out of breath. Jess immediately ran to my side grabbing my hand and sobbing her little heart out into my palm. I looked over at my dad who stood in the corner of the room just staring at me. I turned my head and looked down at my arm and realised what he was looking at. My left arm was completely wrapped up in bandages and plasters. Then all the memories of that night hit me like a ton of bricks, I started crying and dad came over to my side by Jess with a worried look on this face. My dad has never really been the type of person who handles emotions that well, I mean he understands happiness and stuff but he likes to keep himself to himself, he’s been like this ever since mum left us. “Hey baby girl, you alright?” dad said making me look up at him. He now had small tears running down his cheek. “Yeah Dad I’m fine honestly.” I replied a bit quieter than I expected. Then I wondered how long I was in that weird sleep for... “What happened?” I asked Jess as dad had walked to the other side of the room to talk to the nurse who was filling out some paperwork. Jess looked up at me, “Don’t you remember Dani?”

 “Not really no…” I replied,

 “Oh well after we got home from school you ran straight up to your bedroom without saying a word to anyone, I wanted to follow you but Dad held me back and told me to give you some space so that’s what I did. You were silent for about 2 and a half hours which is when I started to worried because I was like 7 o’clock and you being you would have gotten hungry and came down for dinner but you did. Dad then went out and I assumed you had fallen asleep as you looked quite tired when I saw you in the hallway during school so I just left it. Then a couple of minutes later I heard a thud come from your room and that’s when I started panicking, I ran up the stairs to see if you were okay and to find out what that thud was. I got to your door and tried to open it, realising you had locked it I ran into my own room and into my art closet and grabbed the hammer dad gave me two days before. I ran back to your door and hit your door knob as hard as I could a couple of times. When the knob finally broke I walked in out of breath and quite faint myself. I couldn’t see you anywhere, not on your bed, at your desk or even on your floor, I panicked. I ran over to your bathroom and tried the door knob, once again you had locked it and once again I smashed up the door knob. Finally breaking through your door I walked in and stopped dead in my tracks. There you were my big sister, my best friend, my everything, lying there led against your bath tub in a pool of blood. I could feel my eyes flood with tears, I ran over to your side and collapsed at the side of your lifeless body. I pulled out my phone and dialled 911 and told them what had happened. When I hung up I looked around the bathroom and saw several blades scattered across the floor and one piece next to your arm. I looked at your arm and when I saw what you had did I cried even harder. Dani if only you could have seen what it was like...”

The first I got I interrupted her “Jess..” –silence… Jess was silently sobbing to herself next to my bed. She didn’t even bother looking up at me. “Baby girl I’m sorry... I didn’t mean to I swe-“

 "You didn’t even let me finish telling you what happened Dani.”

 “Okay baby girl, carry on”

Jess finally lifted her head and looked at me right into my eyes, I looked at her back observing the beauty in my little sister bright blue eyes.

"When the people from 911 came I had to step back and let them do what they do, in the mean time I phoned dad and told him what happened, on the phone he sounded emotionless but you know what dad’s like. He said he was on his way home and by the time he got home the paramedics were taking your body away on a stretcher. Dad came upstairs and started talking to the ‘head paramedic’ and I heard him mumble something to dad, he then looked at me and looked at the paramedic again. Dad walked over to me and put his shoulder and said that if I hadn’t of found you then you could have died, he then told me I wasn’t allowed to come to the hospital with him for my own safety. When he left I walked back into your bathroom to clear up all the blood and that’s where I found your phone. Because we’re so close I knew your password so unlocked it and read all the messages from that Molly girl. I knew you were getting a little hate because of your ‘past’ but I didn’t actually realise it was that bad. I was crying whilst reading it. Dani you really should have told someone about this, for god sake you should have told me! I’m your sister for fuck sake… when dad finally came home after a few hours at the hospital he had all red and puffy eyes, he then said in nothing but a whisper “Jess… she’s in a coma..” that’s when I fell to the floor in floods of tears… and that was a week ago” Jess then continued crying. For a 14 year old she acts so mature for her age. “So I’ve been in a coma for a week?” I asked her not knowing what to feel at this point. Jess nodded rather before looking down into her lap.

Dad walked into the room again alongside the chubby nurse and sat down on the chair next to my bed, he then signalled at Jess to leave the room which she did huffing and puffing. When she left dad grabbed my hand and started in wrapping my wrist and just stared at the multiple cuts on my wrist. Without saying a word he drew my attention to the one that had stitches, this one was obviously the one that made me pass out hit my head on my bath tub causing me to go into a coma.. Fuck. Dad looked up at me and whispered loud enough so I could just about hear “I love you Dani”

 “I love you too dad.”

 Then I heard the voices... those life destroying voices, they kept repeating the same two words over and over again…

Welcome Back.

-------------------------------------

Comment what you think of this chapter & dont forget to vote :*