Chapter 11 - Forts and Fear

*Dani's POV*

We spent all night in my 'fort', I bought in a DVD player and TV so we could watch the films Demi had brought round. I'm going to be honest and say it feels kind of weird having Demi staying at my house but I could definitely get used to it. I love that there's only a couple of years difference between us, (I'm 17 and Demi is 20).

"What do you wanna watch next?" Demi asked breaking me out if my day dream. "Um I'm not sure, you choose" so she popped 'Jurrasic World' into the DVD player. "That's one of my faves how did you know?" I asked Demi who gave me a cheeky smirk "I know. I saw a little t-rex teddy with the Jurrasic World logo on it on your bed so I took a guess" she laughed. Gosh her laugh is contagious so I ended up giggling with her.

About 20 minutes into the movie Demi needed the toilet so I paused it and got up, I went down into the kitchen to grab what's left of my Ben and Jerry's.

I headed back up grabbing a packet of skittles with me as I passed for Demi and returned to my room. Demi was led back in the fort staring at the TV. "Demi it's on pause why are you staring at it" I said giggling "Has it ever bothered you as to why a T-rex has really small arms?" I continued to giggle at her question but then I realised she was being deadly serious. "Oh you're serious? Well, a T-Rex uses its arms to clutch tightly onto squirming prey or other dinosaurs before it delivers a killer bite with its jaw, I thought everyone knew that Demi" her head dropped a little "That's so cool, I never knew you were so smart, I thought maybe it was an evolution thing or something"

As the movie continued I struggled to stay focused, Demi was really getting into it, gasping and cheering for the dinosaurs whenever one made an attack and that was all pretty cute. I went to put my head on her lap when

"Dani..."

Oh god.

"She will never help you, we're the only ones who can help you. Let us help you. We'll take the pain away"

I nodded gently to myself, luckily Demi didn't notice.

"Go to the bathroom Dani and lock yourself in, that's how she won't be able to help you, we'll help you. We'll take the pain away"

I got up and headed for the door not taking my eyes off the handle. "Dani are you okay?" I ignored Demi and kept walking, I opened the door and went to the bathroom and locked it behind me. As I locked it I heard Demi's footsteps follow then stop as she reached the door.

*Demi's POV*

I was enjoying the film when I noticed Dani nod out of the corner of my eye, her focus locked onto the door, I immediately knew something was wrong. "Dani are you okay?" No reply. Dani started to get up and walk for the door. I left her for a second then followed. I heard her lock the door as I got there.

"Dani sweetheart open the door"
Silence. "Dani what's going on answer please" still silence. Then I heard a couple if sniffles and a cupboard open. "Dani what happened you need to talk to me" I checked the door and I needed a key to unlock it I was just about to walk away I heard a something little hit the floor. I stopped in my tracks and starred panicking. I began banging in the door screaming for Dani. There was still no reply. "DANI DANI YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THIS SWEETIE JUST LISTEN TO ME PLEASE WHATS GOING ON TALK TO ME" I turned to go look for that stupid key when I heard some mumbling
"... they came back... help..." I raced down the stairs into the kitchen and looked everywhere I saw a drawer marked 'keys' and launched myself at it. I grabbed the key labelled bathroom and raced back upstairs and unlocked the door. It swung open and I went in, there was Dani, in the bathtub with the water running and a blade in her hand tears streaming down her face. "Dani?" She didn't move. I edged closer, she saw me out the corner of her eye and she just jerked her entire body resulting in the cold metal razor pressed against her skin. "They say.. you can't.. help me" Dani managed to get out between sobs. I go to edge closer but she cries harder and presses the blade against her skin but not enough to pierce it. I had never seen her this bad. "I swear to god I will do it!" Dani started shouting at me, "TELL ME WHY THEY CAN HELP ME AND YOU CANT, TELL ME" I rushed over to her and grabbed the blade I held onto it tight, I felt a little blood trickle down my hand from when I grabbed it out of Dani's hand but I just ignored it.
"Dani listen to me. They are just voices, you control them, they don't control you. Do not listen to what they say, you own them. I CAN help you, you need to let me in first before I can do anything, when you get these voice come straight to me, here look-" I grab her phone and punch in my number "I've put my number in your phone so even when I'm not here or your at school if you get these urges text or call me, I will be right there I promise okay?" Dani nodded shears still streaming down her face, I was truly heart broken. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it round her and picked her bridal style. "Did you pause Jurrasic World?" I smiled "No but I thought maybe we could do to bed Yeah?" Dani nodded and I took her back to her room. I placed her on her bed and tucked her in, I kissed her on the forehead and went to go. "...Demi" I turned around to see Dani looking at me with puppy eyes. "Yes Dani?" "Will you please stay with me" I was a little taken back by her question and a little hesitant to answer "... of course I will let me just go downstairs and grab my stuff" Dani smiled and rolled over facing away from me.

I walked down stairs still a little shaken from what happened this evening, was it my fault she got like that? Why did her demons say I couldn't help her? My mind was exhausted with all the questions I just wanted to sleep, I took my back into the spare room and took out my pjs, I went into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and went back to Dani's room. I gently opened the door to see Dani fast asleep in the exact same position as I left her. I tiptoed across the room turning the lights off just leaving the fairy lights on and slid into bed. I went to make myself comfy and settle down when Dani rested in her sleep, turned over and to my surprise laid her head on my chest and wrapped her arm around me. I kissed her on the forehead "Goodnight Dani".

I could get in so much trouble for being involved with a student outside of school but I don't care.

"Demi.."
"Yes sweetheart"
"I love you"
"I love you too Dani"

I could get used to this.

-------

Hey guys, two updates in one day! Lucky you. I'm in intense rehearsals for my theatre musical so I got some time to kill, thought I'd be nice and write another chapter. I'd also expect another chapter for tomorrow!!

Happy reading! Don't forget to vote and comment, love ya 💕💕