First lessons

Harry had looked through the map they had gotten, but he knew that with his luck he wouldn't be able to get there quite on time, especially with Ron following him around like a headless chicken. Right, this minute they were running late to transfiguration, and as they came in everyone else was already sitting in their assigned seats.

Hazel was shaking her head sitting next to Matteo writing out everything, silently giggling knowing what was going to happen.

There was a tabby cat sitting on the table in the front, "Whew! We made it. could you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron told him giving him a smile.

The cat sitting on the desk, jumped off, turning into the professor mid-air, giving the two of them the sternest look she could muster.

"Old?" she glared at Ron, and everyone laughed as they saw Ron turn bright red.

"Bloody brilliant!" Ron said loudly "Oh, thank you for that assessment, Mr Weasley.." Professor McGonagall told them sternly t.

"We got lost Harry said, "well perhaps a map then"

All the marauders looked at each other with twinkling eyes knowing they already had one.

When Professor Snape came in by slamming the door open loudly, Harry did not know what to make of the professor that clearly glanced at her with disdain. "There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that potion making is. However, for those select few who possess the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can't tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death!"

"Damn, dramatic much!" James said shocked over how Snape managed to get everyone to quiet down. The whole hall was in absolute silence after it was shown, but also because of James Potter's quiet observation that was without disdain. "Didn't know you could be so damn intimidating, Sev," Barty commented afterwards not knowing how to take James's mellowness overseeing what was happening with his enemies.

Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention." Professor Snape said looking at Harry, who were seen writing down key point in his speech. Hermione hit Harry with her elbow, as the professor was looking angrier and angrier.

Harry looked up at her professor with a smile that would have charmed everyone else, but not him as he did not believe that he had followed his speech, and with that, he scowled at him lightly.

Mr Potter. Our newest celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Professor Snape asked while Hermione's arm shot straight up into the air.

"I don't know sir"said Harry

Snape turned around in expiration, but tried not to laugh making him angrier, "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr Potter, would you look if asked you to find me a bezoar?" he asked him again.

Harry looked down, "Don't know, but I would think your potion cupboard!" and said it in such a voice that would have sounded so innocent if he hadn't given a smile that said otherwise.

That's true!" laughed Lily, smiling at her oldest friend that she hadn't parted ways in an amicable way in her fifth year.

"As we didn't learn this before the second year." One other student says after in indignation wondering what was happening, and why the man was doing.