Thursday

Prims POV:
It was Thursday which meant school and I was not excited. It would be the first time that was going to school without Katniss, she usually woke me up and got me prepared and then walked me to school this time it was up to me but i only had a week left in school because Summer holidays start in July and they give us until September 5 every year because it was way too hot for anything in summer because we are too poor to afford air conditioning. I stood outside in a flowery dress that was slightly above my knee with my satchel on my shoulder eventually Gale and Rory came by to walk with me to school "hey Prim, ready for school?" Gale asked me I nodded gently before stepping down onto the grass there wasn't much talking on my part Gale however kept stating how I was free to come over any time I wanted to if I was feeling lonely and how Hazelle was working on some new summer dresses for me we finally got to school Gale hugged both me and Rory before leaving us to go into our classes everyone was talking and chatting until i came in the talking then turned to whispering as I made my way to my chair I could feel everyone's eyes staining at me. Just as I was pulling my first book out of my bag Petunia Undersee the mayor's youngest daughter came up to me placing a hot pink invite on my desk "your invited to this years reaping party, we thought it was fitting due to your sister" she told me turning away "what is a reaping party?" I asked her "it's a celebration Primrose, about us surviving the reaping" she told me impatiently before walking to her friends.

T I M E  S K I P
Finally the end of the day came it had mostly been the same especially at lunch I sat with Gale and Rory in a hidden corner nearly the whole room was quiet and whispering while staring at me. Once Gale picked me up we walked out to his house "can I come in?" I asked him fiddling with my fingers "of course Primmy" he said letting in "Hazelle I need your help!" I yelled she was there in an instant she brought me into her sewing room "what do you need sweetheart?" She asked "I need a beautiful dress tight fitting, short but not too short" I told her she smiled and told me to take off my dress I did as told and stood on her pedestal she started by measuring my height and waist as expected I was awfully small especially around my waist. After two hours of her working hard she finally finished the dress she let me try it on it was a dark blue colour that looked extremely fetching against my hair it was also tight although I didn't have much to show I had no breasts just skin and bones "you look beautiful" Gale told me as I admired my self "Prim I wanna go with you to the party to keep you safe" he told me sitting down "I'm not sure Gale-" i started "please Prim" he asked giving me puppy eyes "fine" I said before leaving.