Chapter 12 - Debutante

"I've been bored anyway.

So have a nice trip my friend."

And in a snap, Athanasia was falling through the sky.

"You...

YOU FREAKIN' DIRTBAAGG!"

The princess found herself quickly nearing the ground and braced herself for impact, only to be caught by welcoming arms.

"Are you alright?"

Athy removed her hands from her face and was met with warm golden eyes, framed by soft silvery-white hair.

"You still surprise me everytine we meet."

Just like him.

But the boy refrained from speaking his thoughts.

The princess' eyes widened.

"I missed you, Lady Angel."

IJEKIEL!?

The princess had to restrain herself from shouting out of shock.

"P-put me down!"

The golden eyed boy gently put her down, catching her as she wobbled on her first step.

He had grown so much in just a few years that the princess was still having trouble wrapping her mind around the fact that it really was him. But she was quickly broken out of her stunned state by a voice in the distance.

"Ijekiel, are you there?"

Jennette?!

"...Pardon my discourtesy."

The princess felt Ijekiel's hand grabbing her wrist, pulling her along with him.

"Let's go somewhere more quiet."

He led her to a beautiful field littered with white flowers.

"This is where I come when I want to be alone. My secret garden so to speak."

The princess turned towards the boy.

"...And you'd bring me to such a place?"

"...? I thought you might like it here."

An awkward silence filled the air. Ijekiel opened his mouth to say something, but Athanasia beat him to it.

"So, how was your time in Arlanta...?"

"...It was quite nice. Actually, before returning, the teachers brought the seniors on an excursion to Siodonna for a final research project."

The princess' eyes widened at the mention of Siodonna. The urge to ask about her mother bubbled up, but she suppressed the thoughts, knowing that there was no way the boy knew anything about her mother. So instead she opted for the tamest question she could think of.

"How was it? Was there anything specific you liked...?"

Ijekiel paused before answering.

"The time of our stay was in line with that of an annual festival held by the province, so the streets were lined with interesting stalls and filled with entertainment. I even saw a familiar face..."

Athy tilted her head in curiosity. Who could Ijekiel know that would be in Siodonna?

"...What are they like?"

The golden eyed boy once again hesitated before responding with a smile.

"...Come to think of it, they have blonde hair that resembles yours quite closely, Lady Angel."