Chapter 13 - Visit

Lucas was walking around in the garden since Athanasia had gone off to a tea party she had arranged with a few other noble girls. He would like to say he was bored, if not for the fact that his head was filled with the emerald eyed boy. Lucas couldn't get the image of the boy dancing out of his mind, nor shake the shock off. The boy had departed from the Obelian Empire for four years, but it seemed that four years were longer than the magician had anticipated.

Lucas stopped in his tracks running through his thoughts, before resuming his walk with a playful smirk on his face.

Aelin... Shall I visit you again?

◈❈◈

Today was an unusual day for Athanasia. Instead of wandering around the palace or studying like usual, she was sitting at a table in the garden, accompanied by 6 other noble girls. Tea and desserts were laid across the table, and the girls were in a heated discussion about her dance with Ijekiel at the debutante, along with something about finding Ijekiel's type for girls.

"You know, I thought the son of House Zarvier was quite stunning too."

"You mean...! That lone gray wolf!"

Athanasia spat her tea out.

W-what wolf?!

They continued on in a tangent about the charms of said boy, before moving on to discuss another male.

"Your Highness, could you tell us who that handsome red-haired knight is?"

"...You mean my personal guard... Sir Felix?"

The table broke out in screams and squeals.

"By Sir Felix, you mean Felix Robane, the Knight of Crimson Blood?!"

Athanasia immediately tuned out of the conversation in shock.

F-Felix is that so called "Knight of Crimson Blood?"

What kind of name is "Crimson Blood"?

Are we sure it's Felix we're talking about?

Was this part originally in the book?

"Ah, that reminds me, there's another boy in the House of Marquess Irain."

"They call him Flower because he's as beautiful as a flower!"

"Yes, right!"

Athanasia thought of who they were talking about.

Ah, him!

... He's one of the Kings of High Society? Aelin is way prettier! I bet he's way kinder too!

...Right, Aelin...

"P-princess."

Athanasia was snapped out of her thoughts.

"May I ask who that is?"

Huh?

Her eyes met with the person in question, and her gaze immediately turned harsh.

Ugh.

"Lucas."

Lucas promptly and elegantly strided over to the girls' tea table.

"Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire."

Athanasia coughed and plastered an irritated fake smile across her face.

"Uh, hm. This is Lucas. The royal magician."