Chapter 2.

Meadows Blaire

I woke up hours ago. It's 2pm, I hear talking downstairs but I don't want to go. I feel tired. I feel like I'm gonna burst with emotions. I'm bottling it in so nobody will hear me. I hear Someone come in my room speaking quietly, " Meadow? " I hear my friend Florence. I stay quiet and stay still trying not to cry.

She gets in the other side on the bed looking at me. She engulfs me in a hug and my eyes well up with tears wanting to escape. She whispers, " It's okay..."

Those words make me burst out in tears again.

I sob, " I can't do it...it hurts. It hurts to bad, I want it to stop. Please make it stop.." not even 24 hours ago I lost my best friend. I lost my mother, the one who was supposed to be their for my wedding. The one who was supposed to become a grandmother and be my best friend forever.

She hugs me tightly and I fall asleep in her arms.

_________________________

I wake up seeing that nobody is in my room and all I see is darkness. I get up and walk over to my brothers room and see him asleep then I check on the other ones and they are the same.

I walk downstairs and see a guy and girl talking in the living room and I overhear their conversation, The girl speaks, " Chester. You can't tell her that right now. She's in pain, she didn't get up the whole day and what you wanna unload her with all this mafia stuff?" Chester's here. Chester Saoirse is here. He speaks, " We're gonna have to tell her one day or another Cami. " she sighs.

I walk out and talk low " Tell me what? " they both look at me and the girl named Cami walks over and hugs me. And I pat her back akwardly looking at Chester.

The Cami girl lets go and backs up saying, " let's go sit down real quick. " We end up in my fathers office. The one where he would yell at us and threaten, I look around it and see a picture of my mom.

Mom. I always called her mother. I wish I had the chance not to.

Chester puts the picture down. And we sit in the chairs. Cami says, " Do you want to tell her? " He shrugs and says, " I'm sorry Meadows and I know this is gonna be a lot for you right now but it's either gonna be you or Mateo. One of you has to become the mafia leader, and we're gonna give you the choice because your the oldest. "

I cant do that to Mateo. He needs to have a life with Summer. Away from the mafia. I mean we're always gonna be apart of it but he won't be near it as much as I will.

I nod and say, " I'll be it. I'll be the leader. "

Cami looks at Chester in shock then says, " Okay, your gonna have to sign these papers. " I respond, " Okay. " and start signing.

I told Cami that she could go sleep in my room and that I wouldn't be going to sleep anymore. She fast asleep now.

Chester and me are still in the office signing papers and he speaks up, " Are you okay pretty girl?" I nod.

Chester grabs my hand and that alone takes me by shock. He says, " The truth Meadow. " I say, " I don't know okay?.. I feel like I'm dying. I feel like I can't breathe, I feel like I'm suffocating and can't tell anyone. " He stands up and helps me up. I look at him and walk into his arms slowly hugging him. He hugs me back.

The rumours may be true but he isn't that bad.

We stay the for a few minutes and I let go looking up at him, " I'm sorry.. " He wipes a tear from rolling down my face and says, " Don't apologise. It's ok. " I sigh saying, " Who is Cami? " He responds, " That's Camille, my younger sister who 15. She's very touchy and loves to hug people. " That's his sister, that explains why she looks like him. We end up going downstairs to get a snack, we share a bowl of popcorn watching a movie.

_______________________

I wake up to talking, I fell asleep?

I walk in the kitchen seeing Cami and Laken trying to fix breakfast. Dear god help us, Laken can't even make toast. Laken turns and sees me, speaking, " Hey, you okay? " I nod and sit down on a stool. Cami smiles alittle at me and I smile slightly.

I speak up, " Where's Chester? " Cami says, " He should be coming back, he is getting breakfast for everyone. " I look at the breakfast their making and Laken speak up, " Oh-we're attempting to make an egg. " I respond, " Oh okay. " then Chester walks in and sits the food on the table and smiles alittle at me and I smile abit at him.

Summer and Mateo walks in and she hugs me and I hug her back whispers in my ear, " I love you, you know that?" I nod. She nods back and Goes over to Mateo's side clinging to it.

We all sit down and start eating.

___________________________