Chapter 10.

Meadow Blaire

Who asks a guy for their number when they clearly don't want you to have it.

I'm pissed, the only thing stopping me from going back and beating the crap out of that girl is Chester's hand in mine.

He's somehow calmed me down just by holding my hand. We kissed earlier, well had a make out session earlier. Maybe some friends do that?

Please no friends do that. And you know it, everyone knows it. We pull in his driveway and I help pack in a few groceries while he packs the rest. We lay them down on the counter and put away everything, heading upstairs we go into his room. I collapse on the bed while he stands chuckling, I look up at him and smile slightly.

He puts me under the covers and gets in saying, " You look exhausted pretty girl. " I honestly am, I haven't been asleep since the day before yesterday when I woke up at 4am. I was up all night teaching Logan and Laken how to be a good man since a father didn't. I don't want another girl to go through what my mother did, nobody deserves that. Then I got stuck doing paperwork.

I respond by closing my eyes and nodding. He pushes a strand of hair from my face and says quietly, " Go to sleep pretty girl, I'll stay here. " How am I supposed to sleep here with him beside me not holding me? It's quite impossible if you ask me.

I scoot closer to him wrapping my arms around him taking a deep breathe relaxing. He puts his arms around me holding me, It feels warm and cozy.

Safe.

I slowly drift to sleep.
_________________________

I open my eyes feeling a hard chest, looking up I see Chester with a book in one hand and the other on my waist holding me. I read the title, ' Defy me. ' I love that book. I speak lowly, " What part are you on? "

He speaks, " And I realise then, in a moment that terrifies me, that I want this, forever. I want spend the rest of my life with her. I want to build a future with her. I want to grow old with her. I want to marry her. "

I smile slightly, he says, " Would you be her? " I look up at him confused. He restates, " Will you go on a date with me pretty girl? " I nod, " Of course I will. " He leans down and kisses my temple.

This is what I've wanted my whole life, Love.

I sit there for a moment then speak up, " Can I read with you, " He nods shifting his arm upwards for me to one beside him, I scoot up into his arms looking at the page he's on. I begin reading, he waits patiently for me to finish reading each page.

I have no clue how many hours we sit reading but the book is finished.

He looks down at me saying, " Are you hungry? " I shrug. He gets out of the bed helping me up, we walk downstairs to see Cami and Logan learning how to cook from Julia. Good lord help her.

( I don't think I ever mentioned that Julia is the name of Chester's mom. )

I smile at them and say, " What are y'all cooking? " Cami sees me and walks over giving me a small hug and saying, " Spaghetti, but Logan can't figure out how to cut an onion. " I chuckle, " He doesn't know how to make a piece of toast. " She laughs and walks back over helping Logan.

Julia speaks up, " Hello dears, have y'all gotten your formal outfits for the ball tomorrow? " Oh shit. I forgot, I respond, " Not yet, so I better get going to see if someone can order me one or something. " Chester says, " Do you want me to drive you home? " I nod smiling alittle Bit. I don't want to leave, but I know I have to.