Chapter 17.

Chester Saorise.

Why is he calling, why is he doing anything. He shouldn't even be trying to contact me.

What do I do? What do I say? Do I just hang up?

My breathe hitches as my uncle calls out, " Chester. " God please no. I cant do this, I don't want to hear his voice or see his face again.

I hear Meadow sit up behind me and asks quietly sounding exhausted, " Are you okay baby? " I sit quiet not answering. I feel as if I can't escape, I can't breathe or do anything. Im trapped in.

She reaches to the ground grabbing the phone saying, " Hello who is this? " I could hear his voice through the phone, " Hello Dear I'm Chester's uncle, his dads side. " I could feel her piercing eyes on me waiting for mine to see hers, she speaks up, " Chester isn't in right now, sorry bye. " She hangs up.

Thank god, I don't want her to ever associate with him. Ever.

She sets my phone on the night stand and cups my face, " Look at me, if you don't want to talk about it we don't have to. If you do I'm always listening, always will be. " I nod, " He is a horrible person Meadow, I don't want you to even look or speak to him. " She nods. Wonder if she thinks I'm being rude or selfish?

I know I can trust her,  I could trust her with my whole life. I would in a heartbeat.

I speak up, " It was at a party, my 12th birthday at nighttime when I went upstairs because everyone started drinking and I was exhausted. I was almost asleep until I felt someone lay beside me in my bed, it was him. He molested me that night, I didn't speak up or do anything for years because I thought nothing of it..ever since that night. Everytime i closed my eyes I would go back to that night, it was horrible. That's when I got diagnosed with Insomnia, I haven't slept right in years..and my sister was the only one who knew. " She listened and just let me keep talking.

" I haven't heard from him in years and never wanted to, that's why I was surprised.  " She reaches over and latches her arms around me as I wrap around her she says, " I believe you, and I will do everything I can for him to never be able to contact or see you ever again. I'm so sorry. " What do I even say?  This is a hardest thing to answer.

I sigh, " We go through things that craft us into who we are today, maybe if this hadn't happen I wouldn't have met you. I don't think I could exist in a world that your not in anymore my pretty girl." And it was true if I hadn't met her I would still be at the shape I was before her, it was horrible.

I hear her yawn quietly and I rearranged us to where we're laying down and she's in my arms.

She mumbles, " I want you to know that you are so strong and I love you. " I kiss her head, " I love you. " Feeling all giddy and stuff, this is one of the many times in my life that I feel happiest.

And it's because it's her.

I will never stop being grateful for getting Meadow in my life.

Her breathing slowly goes down and I realise she's asleep, I watch out the open window knowing that I will not sleep tonight.

______________________________

It's 8am and I feel her start stirring from sleeping, suddenly she starts chuckling softly.

I start to chuckle and say quietly, " Are You okay my love? " she nods slowly, " Yeah, I had a dream about you crying because you lost your hair gel for some reason. Do you even use hair gel? " She's gonna be the death of me, I say, " No I don't, I may use hairspray but no hair gel " chuckling she sits up and I see her exposed back, I place my hand on the upper part of her back and rub it chuckling, " You are crazy pretty girl, but what can I say I like my girls crazy. " She chuckles and stands up pulling the shirt down, I stand up after a few seconds and she walks over kissing my cheek then walking into the bathroom.