[𝟏𝟎] 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 & 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬

If you haven't read the 2 most recent announcement posts (the 2 parts of the message) on the profile yet, I advise you to go do so before reading this chapter, if it can clear a few things up:)

Also, this is cheesy💀🙏 but, enjoy?

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Achraf can remember the first time he's felt that way. He can remember it vividly, even if he had been blocking out that part of him for years. He remembers the person he's felt that way for, it was his childhood best friend, who always stuck with him no matter what.

Luca. Luca Zidane, son of Zinedine Zidane, Zizou. The one and only, the one who always came to pick Achraf up to bring him and Luca to the training center at their local youth club.

He couldn't be grateful enough for that, all the times he and Luca laughed and giggled like idiots over nothing, being joined by Luca's father as well, who always served as a second father figure to Achraf.

God, the inside jokes they'd create, and probably their dumbest idea ever of wanting to create their own language were cherished. A language only they could understand. One they could use in the back of the car so Zinedine couldn't understand them.

It never worked, because they couldn't make up any grammar rules for it and only got the imaginary alphabet down, along with some vocabulary they'd forget how to use by the time they would want to use it.

It was the stupidest idea ever, but they were kids, kids with imagination and no one stopped them from that. Achraf never stops smiling every time he thinks of these memories. So, so stupid, but probably some of the most cherished memories he has with Luca.

That was why he'd find himself smiling like an idiot lately, thinking of those memories, which always left Kylian and his friends confused. He never tells them why.

All the memories with him, Luca, Nabil and Ouidad. They were their own little gang. Like the Hakimi siblings just adopted Luca as their fourth sibling, because he was just like one. They were that close.

It's the fact that Achraf never even thought that he would ever become friends, much less best friends, with Zinedine Zidane's son. He barely remembers the way they met, but it was all
slowly coming back. Every memory with Luca.

...

The unknown feelings Luca made him feel. Those feelings he never really managed to decipher. Or simply just didn't want to decipher, because he already figured out what they were at one point. So he repressed them, and it worked for the most part.

He regrets leaving with barely saying a word to Luca. They had to leave in a hurry, and he remembers the confused expression in Luca's pretty eyes when he stood at the doorstep, listening to Achraf's hasty words. The brunette just wanted to hang out and play games, like they always did. That's all. And he was instead faced with his best friend permanently leaving him, in a hurry.

Achraf barely gave him time to answer that he just brought him in a quick hug, whispering in his ear that he'll call him when he arrives in France, and that he's sorry. "Sorry for not saying anything."

Sorry for abandoning you.

The betrayed look in Luca's eyes that replaced the confusion from earlier broke Achraf. He regrets not telling the boy earlier, figuring he had time to do so later. But they ended up leaving earlier than expected.