[𝟐𝟐] 𝐁𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫

A little shorter than usual, I ran out of inspo at one point😭
I'm not very confident about this though I hope you like it!!

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Sometimes, a person's urge to partake in a situation to get it under control can get very irresistible. Especially if a loved one is in that situation, directly affected by it and suffering because of it.

It pains one to see a cherished being suffer in a situation out of their control, and only be able to watch from afar, as a bystander, even more so when said being doesn't want to bring any more people involved.

Presnel thinks that then, the person could be right, since they know the most about the situation, they'd be the first one to know if it could get worse or not.

Except it wasn't always the case. Especially with Kylian. Presnel has known the boy since they were toddlers, they've known each other before either of them even learned how to walk. He knows Kylian like the back of his hand, he knows how awfully stubborn Kylian can get.

He knows that in a situation like this, especially with Kylian being the center of it, he should get involved. He's seen how Kylian's state worsened, and how the whole class has been distancing themselves from him and from Achraf, and anyone from their group.

He feels that the more the days pass, the more his patience starts wearing thin. Even more so when seeing that no one wanted to do anything. Perhaps, not like they didn't want to, they just couldn't. He understands why, he does, but it's eating him alive, seeing the guy he's considered as his brother for practically his entire life suffer like that, and no one moving an inch to do anything.

And he knows that if nobody moved to do anything, or even just initiate the idea with insistence, then who would?

That's why he would take the initiative for once, not let someone start it and he would just follow.

Now, the thing is, he needed someone else to talk to about it, someone he's sure would share the same thoughts on this. Someone he had seen, looked into their eyes, and had seen that they clearly wanted to do something, just didn't know how to go on about it.

And no one had eyes that were that expressive, other than Antoine. One could easily spot the emotion in those clear blue eyes, especially if the withholder of those eyes had trouble hiding said emotions.

As for Antoine, he really wanted to do something as well. He couldn't stand being a bystander any longer, not only in situations like these, but also in his own life.

It happened that he was often a spectator in his own life, having choices be made for him against his will. And for once in his life, he wanted to step in and do something on his own.

All his life, decisions were made for him. He almost never had a say in what was to be decided for him by his parents. Like when they made him change schools in elementary after he was caught by another kid, whilst he was just holding hands with a boy from his class.

The kid went to snitch to a teacher, and since then it went downhill.

Not to mention, Antoine had a deeply catholic upbringing, his parents bringing religion into every little thing that happened.

He remembers his mother's pitiful gaze as she told him with a sickeningly sweet voice that what he did was wrong. That liking a boy that way was simply not natural. It contrasted with his father's more outward anger.

And after all that scolding, not to mention the draining effect his mother's sickeningly soft voice had on Antoine, the two parents took their son into a hug, saying that they were just worried about him.