Surprising Lash Out

Nate jogs into the empty classroom, slowing himself to a stop at the biggest table. Lynn was already there, sitting in the corner on his laptop.
"Hello Nate. You're early again." Lynn lowers his laptop a little and directs his attention to the group member. His smile was soft as usual, while Nate didn't even care to force one for him
"Yeah, whatever." He dismisses. He places his hands firmly on a chair and leans onto it. He stretches his arms for a while before pulling out the chair and sitting in it, waiting for the other four. Everett makes his way in, followed directly by Shiloh.
"Sorry, dumbass here supposedly got lost and a teacher forced me to help him get here" The douchey moron annoyedly explains. Shiloh acts oblivious to his insult, smiling and walking past Everett to get to the table and sit down. Everett takes his place next to Nate, as he always does, and leans back casually against the wall. It's not long again before Bae shuffles in too, just in time. He walks in silently, no one greeting him and him having no one to respond to. He sits in a chair that was already pulled out, not bothering to even move it to the table.
"So I suppose we're still waiting for Banashi, correct?" Bae questions, obviously already knowing the answer. Nate was about to respond when Lynn chimes in.
"Actually, she won't be joining us today, she has a detention and isn't allowed to come here." His voice was soft but concerned. "And no, I do not know why she's gotten in trouble"
"What?!" Nate barks, standing up and slamming his hands onto the table. He looks at Lynn for an answer, but he just gives a silent, sympathetic look.
"I might know why." Bae comments, turning everyone's attention to him. His usual smirk has disappeared, making everyone very, very concerned. He starts to explain. "I was pointing out some things she should improve on, like her posture and attentiveness, and she yelled at me during class. The teacher naturally gave her a detention, but she didn't seem sorry at all for her actions. She slapped me before she left."
"Hah, deserved." Everett snickers, folding his arms behind his head. Nate gives him a quick glare, but the mama's boy doesn't seem to care, or even notice.
"That's horrible!" Shiloh exclaims, whether he's talking about Banashi getting the detention or Bae getting slapped, it's unclear. Lynn stands up from the desk in the corner and walks over to the table of boys. He stands beside Bae.
"When did this happen? Are you alright?" He gently asks, an obvious worry in his voice.

"This was a few days ago, and I'm fine dear. She's not weak by any means and it did quite hurt, but the shock of the situation distracted me from the pain for a while." Bae explains, being genuine and serious for once. Nate was silent, arms crossed on the table and his stare directed down at the table.
"Let's not make this meeting about Banashi and I." The patronising sarcastic subtly orders, smiling softly. Lynn nods in agreement and the meeting goes on. Nate remained quiet for the rest of it, only speaking when directly spoken to. As Lynn lets everyone leave, Everett walks by his friend, speeding up his usual walking speed to keep up with him.
"You good? You're never this quiet" His voice has very little concern to it, but it's a lot from someone like him. Nate huffs.
"I'm so disappointed in Banashi. I thought she was better than that!" Nate snaps, keeping his eyes forward as he marches on.
"It was just one time, and it was just Bae who got hurt-" Everett starts, defending the girl
"She still attacked someone!" The stressed controller barks back, looking at his friend with anger not directed at him. Everett fell quiet after that, and the two walked silently back to their shared dorm.