𝟺

Shaun's phone rings over and over again, yet he doesn't pick up. Katy's phone also rings, and yet she doesn't pick up either.

Fallon's mind instantly goes to the worst, thinking that something might have happened to them, so heads out of her apartment and sprints down to the street where Shaun lives, only to find the metal door opened and unlocked.

" You know, when you're alive, you answer your phone!" Fallon exclaims as she barges in to see her friends inside the apartment.

" What the hell is going on?!" Katy questions, " What are you doing? Where are you going?"

" Macau," Shaun responds as he picks up a bundle of clothes.

" Macau?" Katy asks.

" Those guys are going after my sister next and I have to get to her first."

" You have a sister?"

" You guys were attacked, too?" Fallon questions.

" Wait, what do you mean too?" Katy asks as she faces her, " You were attacked?"

" Yeah, that's why I'm here."

" You fought the guy with a machete arm?"

" Machete arm? What the hell are you talking about? I was attacked by two guys speaking Mandarin."

" You speak Mandarin?"

To which Fallon sighs.

" Look, I know this is confusing, but I'll explain it when I get back, I promise," Shaun insists as he continues packing his bag.

But Katy grabs the bag from his hands and tosses it on the floor.

" This is bullshit!" She exclaims, " I have been by your side half of your life. I get there are things you never wanted to talk about, and I never wanted to push. But a guy with a freaking machete arm just chopped our bus in half, Shaun! Who the hell are you?!"

Shaun sighs as he looks his friend in the eyes, then looks over her shoulder to see Fallon staring, jaw clenched and eyes held tightly, arms crossed with the faintest bruise visible on her knuckles. He knows he can't keep his past a secret anymore... but he really doesn't want them to be part of the danger. He can't do that to his best friend and the woman he loves, but Shaun goes to his nightstand to retrieve a letter as Fallon stands next to Katy.

" My sister sent me this a few months ago," He says as he hands them the postcard, " I think it's the address of where she's staying. Those guys back there were sent by my dad," his eyes glance over to Fallon, and once more he sighs as he swallows the hard truth, " I'm sorry, but I have to go."

As he reaches down to grab his bag off the floor, Fallon grabs his wrist and holds it tightly to stop him, causing his eyes to meet her hardened stare

" You can explain on the plane," Katy says as she turns around to leave.