1. Bastard

Featuring Ewan Mitchell as Aemond TargaryenMilly Alcock as Visenya Velaryon

Featuring
Ewan Mitchell as Aemond Targaryen
Milly Alcock as Visenya Velaryon

Bastard.

The word had been whispered for years. Everywhere she walked, Visenya Velaryon invited the whispers. She couldn't live her daily life without the insult. Then came Jace.

Bastard.

But this was a different kind. When the whispers of Rhaenyra's excursions with Daemon became known, Visenya was born nine moons later. Her mother tried to pass her off as Laenor's with her violet eyes and white hair but everyone knew. Visenya's skin was far too light to be his. But Jace was born with dark curls.

Bastard.

The insult followed with the birth of her second brother, Luke. Visenya grew angry. Her mother's irresponsibility was leading to their torment. She was too young to understand love and passion but knew her mother was constantly lying. Laenor was not her father. Laenor was not her brother's father.

Bastard.

Her skin was as pale as snow, paler than her mother's. Only one other person had skin as pale as Visenya; Daemon. Ghostly, women of the court whispered. They also whispered in jealousy of her great beauty for she look strikingly similar to her mother at a younger age. But it didn't matter how well she behaved to avoid stares, they still stared.

They always stared.

-

"Jace, stop!" Visenya whispered and grabbed his hand. "Behave or I will take your pudding tonight."

Jace and Luke looked up at her, both smiling. "Vis!" Jace gasped.

Visenya's frown broke into a grin, squeezing his smaller hand. The three siblings stood with their mother and 'father' at the docks, waiting for Lord Corlys and Princess Rhaenys to exit their ship. Visenya made note of Ser Harwin closely trailing her mother and she wanted to roll her eyes. Her mother could have at least been more careful.

"There!" Luke pointed with a smile as Rhaenys stepped out first. Visenya straightened her posture and held an aloof expression, keeping Jace and Luke by her side, holding their small hands on either side of her.

When their 'grandparents' finally approached them, Luke escaped her hand and ran to hug Corlys. "Ah, lad, you have grown almost two feet since I last saw you!" Corlys smiled.

Rhaenys watched with the same pointed expression she always had when looking at Rhaenyra's children. She knew while Corlys was blind to the obvious lies. Maybe it was because he so desperately wanted to believe he had grandsons.

"Son," Corlys smiled and hugged Laenor.

Laenor was the closest thing to a father Visenya could ask for. Despite her knowledge of the truth, she liked Laenor. He was always so kind and acted as her father. He protected Rhaenyra's secret just as she protected his sexuality. He always looked at Visenya with fondness and love, something she wished she could receive from her real father but she had never even met him.